Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The UX Designer reports to a UX Manager, and works directly with a UX Lead to support UX design processes in collaboration Product Management and Development counterparts. The UX Designer will help to define business and user requirements, then work with a UX Lead to execute within iterative design and test cycles to deliver highly-valued Nuance Healthcare applications. Product-specific user research initiatives will be conducted in collaboration with Product Management colleagues.
- 3+ years of UX research and design experience for complex B2B workflow applications, healthcare experience a plus
- Proficient in current UI design and development tools including Miro, Sketch, Abstract, Protopie, Adobe suite
- Functional prototype creation for user testing and feedback
- Use of the Atlassian suite for project communication and collaboration (JIRA and Confluence)
- Delivery within Agile / Scrum development timeframes
- Adherence to HIPAA compliance and securing patient health information
- Execute UX design inputs that guide product development, including JTBD frameworks, service blueprints and user journey maps, user profiles (personas), workflow diagrams, information architecture schemas, wireframes and finished UI designs
- Deliver design documentation and artifacts in support of technical development, including graphical UI guidelines and corresponding graphical assets, functional specification documentation
- Maintain priorities and work efficiently within a fluid, fast-paced product development ecosystem
Education: BS or higher in User Experience Design, Interaction Design, HCI or a UX design-related field
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.