UI/UX Designer at Agero + Swoop
We’re looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer to join our talented Design Team located in Medford, MA.
You want to make an impact
You’ll have tremendous impact on the product and be able see iterations of your design improve the end user’s experiences over time.
You enjoy a challenge
You love solving problems, understanding user needs, and data driven design. Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity.
You are adaptable
On top of making an impact, you are able to adapt and pivot to an everchanging industry and can see the new challenges and opportunities that can arise.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Working closely with cross-functional teams (design, product, engineering, and QA) to design, test, refine and implement compelling user experiences, ensuring alignment with the overall design and product strategy.
- Displaying curiosity and eagerness to understand the needs of our end users and learn the technical landscape of the Agero and Swoop systems. You will assist in identifying opportunities and delivering the best UX design possible.
- Rapidly iterating on design interactions and exhibiting pixel-perfect attention to detail when designing. You have an awareness of when is the right time to deliver the best experience possible vs steady iteration.
- Collaborating effectively with teammates over distance, understanding and adapting to what it takes for a distributed team to be aligned and effective.
- You will be the empathetic voice for our different users, each of whom have unique needs. You strive to design the best solution, always keeping the end user in mind.
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years full-time work experience. Online portfolio of work samples demonstrating relevant design experience.
- Extremely high-quality creative with an expert eye for details
- Design work has tremendous visual design polish. You are skilled at telling stories through design.
- Exceptional written, oral communication, and presentation skills. Excellent ability to explain design decisions and process.
- Experience working with product managers and developers in the Agile process
- Flexible and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. Comfortable managing shifts in priorities as needed. Ability to manage multiple projects and be self-directed. Organized.
- Experience working with B2B or SaaS products, a plus and not required.
REQUIRED: Online portfolio displaying UI visual design examples (web/mobile work) as well as examples of user experience design process/thinking.
Swoop, along with our parent company, Agero, has set out to redefine the roadside assistance experience by offering real time transparency, unmatched scale and seamless integration with most of the major automotive and insurance brands. Combined, we protect over 125 million drivers and are making the roads safer by using the best technologies, customer service and partnerships with companies like Lyft.
Agero’s mission is to safeguard consumers on the road through a unique combination of platform intelligence and human powered solutions, strengthening our clients’ relationships with their drivers. We are a leading provider of driving solutions, including roadside assistance, accident management, consumer affairs and telematics. The company protects 100+ million vehicles in partnership with leading automobile manufacturers, insurance carriers and other diversified clients. Managing one of the largest national networks of service providers, Agero responds to more than 12 million requests annually for assistance. Agero, a member company of The Cross Country Group, is headquartered in Medford, Mass., with operations throughout North America. To learn more, visit www.agero.com and follow on Twitter @AgeroNews.
THIS DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPLETE STATEMENT OF JOB CONTENT, RATHER TO ACT AS A GUIDE TO THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED. MANAGEMENT RETAINS THE DISCRETION TO ADD TO OR CHANGE THE DUTIES OF THE POSITION AT ANY TIME.