We’re looking for a skilled UI Designer to rapidly iterate on a recently launched product. You'll work in tandem with a UX Researcher, producing product mockups to test generated insights.
Marigold Health exists to give every patient with a mental health or substance use condition (~25% of American adults) a place to feel heard.
Marigold is an app for chat-based group support with a natural language processing (NLP) backend that automatically detects clinically relevant sentiment within messages for providers. These NLP tools empower care teams to engage 7-10x as many patients - allowing us to partner directly with provider systems and payors so the most underserved patients can get 24/7, culturally competent support at no cost to them.
The current team has roots in Johns Hopkins, and the clinical merit of our work has been recognized by organizations ranging from the National Institute on Drug Abuse to the American Psychiatric Association. Our seed investors include top-tier VCs such as Felicis Ventures, General Catalyst, and Rock Health. The platform is already live in a variety of settings, including a community-based substance use treatment provider and a nationally-recognized psychiatric facility.
Our Boston HQ has 4 working FT, with additional team members distributed. We value creativity, independent-thinking, authenticity, candor, and ambition. This role is an opportunity to join a laser-focused + mission-driven team while the product is still highly malleable.
What You Have
- A burning desire to improve mental health care for patients.
- Strong visual design abilities and the ability to bring low fidelity mocks to high fidelity ready-to-build designs
- A track record of designing lucid experiences on mobile + web, and serving as a voice of design excellence on a team.
- Experience taking a consumer-facing mobile app from idea to iteration post-launch - more important than number of years of experience.
- Strong rapid prototyping abilities, including associated technology tools.
- Comfort working collaboratively with a high degree of autonomy and initiative.
- The ability to prioritize and act with conviction in an environment of uncertainty.
- Previous experience designing for underserved or diverse populations a significant plus.
- Previous experience in an early stage startup a significant plus.
- Strong visual design abilities a plus, but not required.
Inclusion is at the core of what we do. We’re working to bring care to the most underserved and stigmatized patients. We actively welcome applicants from a wealth of different backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation). Persons with lived experience with mental health or substance use conditions are specifically encouraged to apply. Unless we have diversity on our team and in our mindsets as we work together to move the needle on a deeply entrenched, systematic issue, we will fail.
Marigold Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Questions? Email shrenik [AT] marigoldhealth.com for more info.