Sr. Industrial Designer at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
This role is an opportunity to lead the industrial design language for an industry leading family of restaurant technology products. You will work closely with our talented team of designers, product managers, engineers, marketers, and key business stakeholders to design all aspects of the hardware experience.
You will be responsible for balancing a deep sense of collaboration & communication, with an eye for design details, quality, and a desire to grow. It requires an attention to detail and craft that is fueled by deep curiosity and passion for delivering a premium experience for iconic products.
You're highly motivated, super organized, and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment. Portfolio/website that reflects your work or projects is required.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Lead the design of new products from idea to production
- Lead workshops with, and communicate outcomes to senior leadership
- Develop concepts, with clear and compelling visual communication
- Define a product design language, develop CMF and signature product elements that will make Toast’s products iconic and recognizable
- Communicate ideas/concepts using quick sketches, cardboard/foam models to hi fidelity CAD renderings.
- Test designs with users, translate results back into the design process
- Create high quality CAD to communicate design intent
- Collaborate with engineering, external design firms, and suppliers to create a fully assembled product.
Do you have the right ingredients? (Experience)
- Degree in Industrial Design (Architecture / Engineering with experience considered)
- A developed sense of aesthetics and care for details
- Experience solving complex problems with engineering and manufacturability constraints
- Ability to communicate ideas/concepts using quick sketches, cardboard/foam models to hi fidelity CAD (Solidworks) renderings.
- Strong interpersonal skills, written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate design concepts and ideas to all disciplines
- Must posses a deep of understanding in areas of materials & manufacturing processes
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles and adjacent technical domains
- Demonstrate ability to develop designs & CMF according to brand language
- Demonstrate experience in bringing products to market -please show examples