Senior Web Designer at Toast
As one of the fastest growing Software-as-a-Service platforms in North America, Toast is a Google Ventures backed company that is revolutionizing the $800B restaurant industry. Founded in 2012 and launched in 2013, Toast was recently recognized as the 3rd fastest growing software company on the Deloitte Fast 500 and named to the Forbes Cloud 100. By embracing our customer community, Toast has developed a restaurant management platform that is allowing restaurateurs to delight guests, do what they love and thrive.
As a Senior Web Designer, you will be responsible for bringing the design roadmap for our digital experiences to life. In doing so you will drive improvement in performance, brand identity and consistency, and conversion. The ideal candidate will have experience with both UI and UX and demonstrated the ability to be a leader and individual contributor on large digital design projects across a team.
You’re a perfect fit if you have a passion to consistently improve the user journey and are able to link creativity and innovation. You enjoy working in a collaborative environment - especially with developers - and know that the best outcomes can also be informed by a little bit of data. Above all else, you love the creative process. You enjoy coming up with creative solutions that make a business impact and drive connection between a brand and its consumers.
- Lead visual design efforts across multiple digital platforms
- Your focus will be on web design and digital content, including interactive tools, micro-interaction moments and ultimately bringing stories to life through design. You’ll also be asked to contribute to print design and event branding on occasion, helping to develop strategic integrated marketing campaigns
- Work to develop and implement design solutions to high impact A/B tests.
- Design visual mockups, wireframes and process flows
- Build low and high fidelity prototypes for customer journeys
- Work closely with front-end developers to implement UI solutions
- Work with the brand creative team to build and maintain design guidelines for our digital experiences to ensure consistency across all assets
- Understand our users and target audience to inform your design direction.
- Clearly able to communicate and present design solutions to key stakeholders
- 6+ years of experience in digital design
- Proficiency with Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), and InVision
- Strong understanding of UX and workflows
- Proven track record of leveraging data to inform design decisions and iteration
- Ability to turn wireframes into a functional design
- Deep understanding of desktop/mobile/responsive design strategies and executions
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Passion for restaurants and the food community a plus