Senior Visual Designer
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing community of individuals on a mission to disrupt the restaurant technology space. Every single day, you will be challenged both creatively and intellectually as you take on meaningful projects in an environment that fosters continuous learning and growth. Every aspect of our work is iterative, and your voice and contributions will help shape the future of Toast. We are looking for candidates that resonate with our mission "to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive." If this sounds like you, join us!
As a Visual Designer on our UX team, you will collaborate with Product, Engineering, Sales, Account Management and Customer Support to build and craft innovative products. You will have the opportunity to work with our customers to get direct feedback on product features, enhancements, issues and usability in order to inspire and inform how we continue to grow. User experience is always at the forefront, and we strive to provide our customers with an easy to use all-in-one restaurant platform that truly works for them.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Highly conceptual thinker in both visual and interactive design.
- Ability to own and grow the Toast design system and ensure that all product lines have a design vision that applies across devices and domains.
- Understand business needs and effectively explain how design solutions align with strategy.
- Ability to design low and high fidelity comps, data visualizations, icons, and complex prototypes.
- Frequently collaborate with UX designers and product managers to produce user-centric design solutions.
- Work closely with development and product teams to ensure that designs are implemented in adherence with design specifications.
- Desire to push and lead design efforts and stay on top of the latest design trends across both design and industry landscapes.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects, within different teams, while meeting tight deadlines.
- 7+ years of experience as a UI designer, visual/digital/web designer, or art director. Experience managing small teams considered a plus.
- Experience owning the development/implementation of full scale pattern libraries.
- Experience designing digital and mobile products; specifically iOS and Android.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to passionately make a case for your design approach and deliverable.
- Skills in color palette construction, typographic refinement, iconography, sketching, illustration, photography, and infographics.
- Expertise in using applications such as Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and other relevant design tools, producing rapid deliverables in an organized, consumable manner.
- Team player and an impactful member of the design team.
- Online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating your pixel perfect designs and examples that include diverse subject matter- from product to software tools, campaigns, and web applications.
- BFA/BA in Graphics design or equivalent.
Toast provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We don't just embrace diversity, we celebrate and cultivate it. We are invested in building a team that is comprised of individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.