Senior Visual Designer - Consumer applications
Do you want to be part of a growing dynamic team that is revolutionizing the restaurant industry? If so, you are a Toaster.
Toast has built a powerful and easy to use Android tablet based Point of Sale and restaurant platform for restaurants, helping them operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We have a rapidly growing customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars & nightclubs. We are passionate about how to help our customers grow their business, and how to provide a best in class user experience. We strive to bring the best designs and products to our users. The UX Design team works hand in hand with the Product and Engineering teams to steer and guide the process of developing new and improved products from conception to launch.
As a Visual Designer on the UX team, you will interface with Toast teams across Product, Engineering, Sales, Account Management and Customer Support to build and shape innovative products. You will have the opportunity to interface with our restaurant customers (CIOs, CTOs, CMOs, managers, and employees) to get direct feedback on product enhancements, issues and usability in order to inspire and inform how Toast continues to iterate and grow.
- Own and grow the Toast design system, and ensure all product lines develop a design vision that will be applied across devices and domains
- Highly conceptual thinker in both visual and interaction design
- Understand business requirements and effectively explains how design solutions align with strategy
- Ability to design low and high fidelity comps, data visualizations, icons, and complex prototypes
- Frequently collaborate with UX designers and product managers to produce user-centric design solutions
- Work closely with development and product teams to ensure that designs are implemented in adherence with design specifications
- Desire to push and lead design efforts and stay on top of the latest design trends, across both design and industry landscapes.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects within different teams while meeting tight deadlines
- Mentor other visual designers in the team by overseeing their design work and providing feedback.
- 7+ years of experience as a UI designer, visual/digital/web designer, or art director. Experience managing small teams considered a plus.
- Experience leading the development/implementation of full scale pattern libraries.
- Experience designing digital and mobile products; specifically iOS and Android.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to passionately make a case for your design approach and deliverable.
- Skills in color palette construction, typographic refinement, iconography, sketching, illustration, photography, and infographics.
- Expertise in using applications such as Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and other relevant design tools, producing rapid deliverables in an organized, consumable manner.
- Team player and an impactful member of the design team.
- Online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating your pixel perfect designs and examples that include diverse subject matter- from product to software tools, campaigns, and web applications.
- BFA/BA in Graphics design or equivalent.