Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach small business insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. Founded in 2005 (with our first international office in Boston launched in 2016), Simply Business is an online business insurance brokerage that specializes in one thing: protecting the businesses that entrepreneurs have worked hard to build.
Through blending a combination of technology, data, and insurance knowledge - with 10 years of expertise in the UK in how to build great products for our customers - we are looking to simplify the insurance-buying process for all small businesses across the US.
Right now we’re at the start of that journey. We need people who are looking for a challenge and have the drive and ambition to challenge the boundaries in whatever exciting project they believe in. We believe that people work more productively and imaginatively when they are free from rigid hierarchy and structures and we’re creating a colorful and collaborative environment to help support you in meeting your ambitions.
If you’re smart, passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences across an integrated online and offline user journey, and enjoy solving complex challenges then you should apply to join our team.
We are seeking a Senior UX Product Designer to join our diverse and multidisciplinary team of that is disrupting insurance as we know it today. Reporting to the VP of Product, you’ll be responsible for every step in the design process. That process starts with a deep understanding of our customer’s diverse needs and ends with user-friendly, elegant products and engaging user experiences. In this role, you will partner and collaborate with Product Managers, Software Engineers and Insights Analysts to plan, test and develop an ever improving customer experience. You should be well-versed in research methodology, current design trends and a deep expertise in user experience. Overall, we are looking for an enthusiastic design practitioner who can help establish the user experience discipline in the US through proactive engagement with our customers, teams and data -- while having fun doing it!
Responsibilities will include:
- Design smart, clear interfaces for our product by partnering closely with product and engineering to translate business and users’ goals into elegant product designs
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and team members to brainstorm new products, features and functionalities that enhance our web and mobile experiences
- Understand our customers deeply from their perspectives and through all our touchpoints
- Remain close to our customers by organizing and facilitating user research events and testing your designs with users
- Use both qualitative and quantitative research to inform design decisions
- Support and influence product prioritization
- Set a high bar for user experience practices and results in the US
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 5+ years of experience that includes impactful results from your UX work in software
- Passion for solving customer problems and building amazing products in an e-commerce environment
- The ability to turn complex use cases into intuitive and shippable product experiences
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills to convey studies, results and actions that are meaningful to the customer, product and business
- Strong organization and analytic thinking skills, with ability to translate content into user stories, flows and diagrams
- Proven track record of collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams in an agile development environment
- Ability to thrive in a open, creative and ambiguous environment
- Experience working independently with clients or stakeholders
- Experience with commonly used wireframing and prototyping applications for conducting tests and delivering specifications
- Someone that is excited about the way we work
What are the benefits?
Working in our Boston Office, you will have the chance to shape a business from the very beginning, and an opportunity to develop and learn new skills across various technology and business areas as you desire.
Plus there’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call "core benefits".
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
• Flexible working hours and working from home
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose)and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. We trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching and lots, lots more
It’s a big claim but we genuinely believe the Simply Business culture is truly unique. You sort of have to come and spend time with us to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it from there!
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretch themselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customers time and effort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences