Senior UX Designer, Mass customization Platform - US Remote at Vista
Cimpress Technology develops cutting-edge, best-in-world software that our mass customization businesses use to create personalized products for over 17 million global customers. Our Mass Customization Platform is comprised of modular, multi-tenant services. Our businesses can choose the solutions that work for them, or assemble any custom combination they need. This makes it easier and faster to do things like introduce new products, reach customers and track orders. And this kind of innovation keeps customers coming back. Just last year, Cimpress generated $2.88B in revenue through customized print products, signage, apparel, packaging and more.
Our designers have a direct impact on driving user centric platform thinking by working directly with developers, product managers and other designers in an autonomous entrepreneurial fashion. We have embraced remote-first design tactics with teams distributed across the globe, working together to solve tough problems.
The Supplier Network Domain, responsible for products that allow businesses to easily build and manage a global network of suppliers, is looking for a User Experience Designer who will envision and design end-to-end user experiences for web-based applications within the Cimpress Mass Customization Platform (MCP). The right candidate will have working knowledge and experience of different aspects in user experience, such as interaction design, user research, and usability testing. You will also have experience collaborating with multiple development teams, other designers, and partners through the strategy, design, and development process. You'll become a domain expert of the network management lifecycle by working closely with our customers and partners to understand our user's needs
What You Will Do:
- Be an advocate for our users within the domain, applying a user-centric approach to gather insights and information and sharing it openly to drive easy to use, effective solutions.
- Apply design thinking and own the end-to-end user experience for your projects by working closely with Product Managers, developers, other designers, and stakeholders.
- Work with Product Managers to capture insights from our businesses and develop user scenarios and use cases to define problems and business requirements.
- Design and produce artifacts to inform various stages of the product design process - from conceptual sketches, workflows, and wireframes to high-fidelity mockups that can convey a final idea.
- Define and iterate on interaction patterns based on testing and feedback.
- Contribute to prototypes so that we can test and validate new ideas, big and small.
- Ensure that research and usability testing are included within the design process where possible and appropriate so that we continue to improve our solutions.
- Contribute to and collaborate with other designers on our shared component library and design system so that our platform experiences are cohesive and consistent.
The ideal candidate is someone with a strong desire to learn through feedback and data to help inform their design decisions - through usability testing, customer interviews, or digging into analytics. They are passionate about crafting strong solutions that are informed and validated by their users.
- At least 3 years' experience as a UX designer designing web applications.
- A strong knowledge of usability principles, methods, and techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills.
- Proficient in English, both written and spoken.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating your mastery throughout the user experience design process.
- Experience leading usability testing and moderating research sessions.
- Proficient in industry design tools such as Sketch, Figma or equivalent.
- Experience managing projects in a self-directed manner.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with distributed global teams across time zones.
- Familiarity with development best practices.
- Experience working within an agile/scrum development environment.
- BA/BS degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field.
Why You'll Love Working Here:
Being at Cimpress means that you don't see work as just a building, a desk or a manufacturing floor. You see it as a chance to take a step forward in your career journey - and your life. We strive to give you everything you need to learn, grow, and succeed. Through innovation, collaboration, and perpetual exposure to what's next, we're always pushing boundaries and broadening our horizons. We embrace the chance to operate outside of our comfort zone to discover what we're capable of. Some might call that a challenge; we just call it another great day at work.
In 2021, Cimpress adopted a Remote-First operating model and culture. We heard from our team members that having the freedom, autonomy and trust in each other to work from home and, the ability to operate when they are most productive, empowers everyone to be their best and most brilliant self. Cimpress also provides collaboration spaces for team members to work physically together when it's safe to do so or believe in office working will deliver the best results. Currently we are enabled to hire remote team members in over 20 US States as well as several countries in Europe: Spain, Germany, UK, Czech Republic, the Netherlands and Switzerland.
Led by founder and CEO Robert Keane, Cimpress invests in and helps build customer-focused, entrepreneurial mass customization businesses. Through the personalized physical (and digital) products these companies create, we empower over 17 million global customers to make an impression. Last year, Cimpress generated $2.88B in revenue through customized print products, signage, apparel, packaging and more. The Cimpress family includes a dynamic, international group of businesses and central teams, all working to solve problems, build businesses, innovate and improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Cimpress Tech, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases, we strive to do more than the law requires.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Merchandising, Testing, User Experience, Work from Home, Retail, Research, Technology, Contract