Senior UX Designer, Innovation
Senior UX Designer
When finance professionals need to do big deals beyond business boundaries, Intralinks is their platform of choice for content distribution and collaboration. We help power financial markets.
When Whole Foods was acquired by Amazon, they turned to Intralinks to provide their due diligence virtual data room. When Ares Management LLC grew their investor base and raised more than $65B of capital they chose Intralinks to support their capital raising and fund reporting needs.
Intralinks needs you. We’re already the market-leader and we are still on a growth trajectory. We’re investing in new ideas not only to increase existing products capabilities but to evolve our company aligned with holistic customer needs.
At Intralinks, Innovation Designers partner with their product owners and business leaders in order to lead the transformation and the future. This a great place to be a designer, with lots of growth options and career development opportunities.
Are you self-starter and love new ideas and new technology? Do you have a knack for analyzing different data types to better understand problems and provide solutions?
Our innovation team includes experts in startups, integration, and ideation. We are the spear point in the company that brings new and exciting ideas to completion. We champion fast and simple implementations of the ideas across the organization.
Our team here in Waltham has grown significantly and we’re not done yet! We’re looking for a Senior UX designer for innovation to help Intralinks make the future. If you are a self-directed strategic thinker and you have the skills and experience to use top of the line thinking to ideate and provide solutions, you should come meet us.
The Senior UX/UI Designer conceptualizes, designs and prototypes ideas while ensuring those designs support user goals and meet the overall business requirements of our core document-centric collaboration product.
Candidate should have an understanding of user-centered design principles, interaction design and an interest in the technical aspects that bring designs to life. They should have the ability to communicate and translate the ideas of the team into presentable formats as well as the ability to lead and champion collaborative design techniques.
- Collaborate with leadership across design, product management and engineering to establish Ideation sessions for our products.
- Define innovative user interfaces and interaction styles that result in improved user productivity.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining iterative design sketches, mental models, user flows, wireframes and high quality prototypes to describe navigation schema, user tasks, and user journeys for product features or enhancements.
- Facilitate design workshops with product owners, dev team and subject matter experts to gain consensus and inform design.
- Ability to clearly present designs both internally and to stakeholders.
- Proactively conduct user testing, provide feedback and iterate on designs and workflows within applications based on findings.
- Ability to work independently yet collaboratively share designs, be open to feedback and peer review.
- Support and collaborate with internal and external personnel in different areas of expertise.
- Work on problems of diverse scope where investigative research and analysis of data is required to inform the best methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Develop professional-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team.
You have to bring these things to the table:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Proven experience defining, developing, and documenting UX design and interaction requirements and specifications. We’d love to hire someone with a lot of proven experience but we’re more focused on finding the right cultural fit—maybe you’re early in your career in looking to take the next step. If so, come and meet us and maybe we’ll provide that opportunity for you. As long as you think you have what it takes to do this job, we’d love to meet you.
- Expert knowledge of user centered design methodologies
- Solid ability to create complex interactions.
- Experience designing for SaaS platforms.
- Familiarity with Web trends and best practices for UX/UI design.
- Proficiency in interface design tools such as Sketch, Axure, Omnigraffle or Adobe XD.
- Proficiency in prototyping tools such as Invision, Axure, Principle or UXPin.
- Familiarity of cross-browser user interfaces and web/UI frameworks.
- Strong familiarity with responsive design principles.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile methodologies.
- Portfolio of previous projects.
- A brain that is wired to go expediently from insight to action, understanding that perfection can be the enemy of the good.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Ability to work on a small team and lead area of focus
You will be tested on this stuff.
It would be great if you also have:
- Visual Design skills are a plus.
- Experience building applications for Android and iOS.
- Familiarity with Section 508 and accessibility guidelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
Be ready to tell us some stories that support the above.
It would be mind-blowingly awesome if you also have:
- Experience building something on your own. Open source, start-up, app, etc
- Something else that we’d be surprised to learn about you that also qualifies as awesome. (Cliff-diver? Community leader? Artist/musician?)
Surprise us with what you can bring to the table!