Senior User Researcher at SmartBear
SmartBear is seeking a Senior User Researcher to join our growing design team working on SwaggerHub. SwaggerHub is an integrated API development platform aimed at teams using Swagger/OpenAPI to design, build, document, and deploy APIs. SwaggerHub enables collaboration and coordination through the entire API lifecycle with integrations to industry standard tools like AWS, GitHub, Apigee, as well as other SmartBear products.
Research at SmartBear will play a vital role in the product development process, from generative research to deepen our understanding of our users to tactical evaluations of design solutions. A successful researcher here leverages strong internal relationships to drive conversation and collaboration, educates our partners in research best practices, and empowers the organization to make better decisions through knowledge sharing. The ideal researcher for this role has experience with enterprise solutions, the software development lifecycle, and user experience best practices.
- Lead critical research initiatives and conduct studies that deepen our understanding of user workflow
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and engineers to shape both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for SwaggerHub by providing the context for user needs and insights
- Enhance SmartBear’s user research competency by building out research best practices and infrastructure
- Support other UX designers’ research initiatives by building research programs, tools, and processes that empower them to conduct tactical research
- Share research insights with key stakeholders to evolve our understanding of user workflow and jobs to be done.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct user research using of a variety of research methods, which may include interviews, surveys, contextual inquiry, concept testing, usability evaluation, and diary studies
- 7+ years of relevant experience conducting research on digital products; enterprise experience is a plus
- Proven track record influencing product direction and strategy with actionable insights
- Expertise with both qualitative and quantitative testing tools
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment; to be critiqued and to critique
- Superior listening, communication, and critical thinking skills
- BA/BS degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, Business, or related field or equivalent education and experience
Nice to have
- Familiarity with best practices for the software development lifecycle and API design
- Familiarity with UX design best practices
SmartBear is a Destination Employer
- Award Winning Technology - SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions including “Top Innovator and Leader in Software Development”. SmartBear was named a leader in the 2018 and 2019 Magic Quadrants for Software Test Automation, with the highest position for Ability to Execute by Gartner.
- We are a vibrant, fast-moving company. We care about our employees and provide extensive professional guidance through mentoring, coaching and training to help them establish and grow their careers.
- Open and Collaborative – We have an inclusive, creative, passionate and fun environment.
- Employee Benefits including competitive industry salaries, Private Medical Care, Multisport, snacks, integration events.
At SmartBear, we focus on your one priority that never changes: quality. We know delivering quality software over and over is complicated. So our tools are built to streamline your process while seamlessly working with the products you use – and will use. Whether it’s TestComplete, Swagger, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Zephyr, or one of our other tools, we span from test automation, API lifecycle, collaboration, performance testing, test management, and more. Whichever you need, they’re easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to integrate. We’re used by 15 million developers, testers, and operations engineers at 24,000+ organizations – including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft. Wherever you’re going, we’ll help you get there. Learn more at smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.