Senior User Researcher at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
As a Senior User Researcher at Toast, you will empower teams to make products that our users will love. You’ll work closely with product designers and product managers to identify what we most need to know about users, and you’ll design and conduct research that will get that crucial information to the team. You will share key insights with your team and with the broader Product and R&D teams, to permeate the whole company with knowledge of--and empathy for--our users. You’ll be valued by your fellow user researchers and other UXers, and by your teammates in Product and across Toast, for your expertise, your good humor, your willingness to help, your ability to collaborate and bring out the best in others, and your continued desire to learn and grow, bringing us along with you in that growth.
About this roll*:
- Provide UX Research across product lines at Toast
- Plan and conduct high-value UX research across the spectrum, from generative to evaluative research, employing quant and qual expertise as needed
- Deliver compelling, user-centered, evidence-based findings that inform and inspire your team(s)
- Balance research rigor with agility/scrappiness to deliver timely, useful results
- Partner with product design and product management to drive customer delight and product success
- Educate partners and senior stakeholders about different kinds of research and what they can expect to learn from each kind
- Continue to expand the company’s research repertoire and expertise by promoting new types of research and research at earlier stages
- Facilitate workshops, design sprints, and other activities to create shared understanding
- Exemplify great research practice for junior researchers, product designers, and product managers; mentor others as needed
- Collaborate with the UX Research team to improve processes and promote excellent research across the organization
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 5+ years of experience in UX research with specific examples of impact
- Well rounded research toolkit -- experience with generative research, facilitation, concept testing, unmoderated methods (testing, card sorting, surveys), evaluation, and benchmarking
- Experience driving research for a product area - including identifying and prioritizing research needs
- Excellent collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Compelling presentation and storytelling skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Master’s degree preferred