Senior User Interface Designer
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing features, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you’ll tackle meaningful projects that will help shape the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Are you looking to join a fast-growing company on a talented team that’s enabling small businesses by changing the future of restaurant experiences? If so, that’s Toast!
We are looking for a talented, friendly User Interface (UI) designer who can create amazing user experiences. You are right for this role if you have visual design experience with responsive web as well as native mobile app design. You have a keen eye for detail without ever losing sight of the bigger picture: to create a UI in a visually systematic way that ensures a holistic, consistent experience across our products.
You enjoy collaborating with engineers, product designers, researchers, and product managers to come to the best solution together. You identify opportunities, iterate quickly, and are always looking to improve, seeking feedback from the broader team. You are curious and eager to learn and grow.
As a Senior User Interface Designer, you will:
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design problems
- Collaborate with UX and product management to understand customers, translating understanding into highly usable, joyful, and clean designs
- Partner with scrum teams to effectively deliver the needs of the product roadmap
- Regularly conduct design reviews to obtain feedback, iterating on the designs to improve results
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Demonstrate proactivity with capacity to handle high work volume and balance multiple projects at once
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 5+ years experience designing software or large scale, complex websites
- BA/BS degree with an emphasis in Art, Graphic Design, HCI, etc. preferred
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Fluency in Sketch & InVision or Figma, Principle, and Adobe CC
- Experience with designing for multiple screen sizes and platforms: for responsive web as well as native mobile apps
- Experience in prototyping UI interactivity and in incorporating motion/animation into UI
- Bonus: experience with building or contributing to Design Systems