Nuance Healthcare User Experience is looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher to join our growing team. If you are a self-starter that is motivated by knowing that you work is having a real, measurable impact on the lives of millions of people every day, then Nuance Healthcare is the right place for you. On a day-to-day basis, you’ll collaborate with a highly-skilled group of individuals that utilize the latest in voice-driven technology to deliver the future of healthcare user experiences.
The Senior UX Researcher reports to a UX manager, and leads UX Research and Design processes in collaboration with their Product Management and Development counterparts. The Sr. Researcher will conduct user research to help to define business and user requirements, then utilize the findings to drive the iterative design and test cycles to deliver highly-valued Nuance Healthcare applications. Product-specific user research initiatives will be conducted in collaboration with Product Management colleagues.
- 5+ years of experience performing research and design for complex B2B workflow applications, healthcare experience preferred
- Experience with conducting user research studies at all phases of the product development lifecycle, and synthesizing actionable insights that inform product development
- Proficient in current UX research, UI design and development tools including Qualtrics, Dovetail, Sketch, Figma, Miro
- Functional prototype creation for user testing and feedback
- Use of the Atlassian suite for project communication and collaboration (JIRA and Confluence)
- Delivery within Agile / Scrum development timeframes
- Adherence to HIPAA compliance and securing patient health information
- Conduct early user research discovery activities including contextual inquiry, conceptual user modeling, task analysis and user interviews to inform inform new product definition
- Execute research artifacts that guide product development, including JTBD frameworks, service blueprints and user journey maps, user profiles (personas), workflow diagrams, information architecture schemas, wireframes and finished UI designs
- Facilitate iterative user feedback programs including usability testing and user surveys to drive incremental improvements in existing products
- Deliver timely research reports and playbacks in support of user research analysis and synthesis activities
- Maintain priorities and work efficiently within a fluid, fast-paced product development ecosystem
Education: BS or higher in User Experience Design, Interaction Design, HCI, Cognitive Sciences and Psychology or a UX design-related field
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.