Senior User Experience Designer at Acquia
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
About the role…
Acquia is seeking a Senior UX Designer to help bring the company’s emerging digital experience platform product line to life. We are looking for innovators; professionals with an unrelenting belief in the power of user experience to transform businesses, and with the passion and commitment to help Acquia become recognized for elegant and powerful product experiences.
About the team you’ll be on...
You’ll be joining a talented team of researchers and designers creating breakthrough products for people developing rich digital experiences with Drupal. Our customers are a savvy, demanding group; you and this team are responsible for delivering best-in-class applications in a fast-paced, agile, growth-oriented environment.
Acquia offers fabulous company benefits and a fast paced, highly motivated, enormously fun work environment, not to mention a career with great growth potential.
As the Senior UX Designer, you will...
- Deliver best-in-class user experiences (e.g., user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes), in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Work with UX researchers to fully understand, and become a strong advocate for, our customer’s needs and the designs necessary to address them
- Lead rapid iterative prototyping efforts with varying fidelity/presentation tools (e.g., sketches, storyboards, wireframes, clickable prototypes, compositions, and assets)
- Translate business and product requirements into visually beautiful concepts and highly-usable responsive experiences. You must be flexible and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment
- Partner with our UX researchers to test and iterate design concepts
- Work with the broader team to identify strategic research needs and customer experience improvement opportunities
- Develop and ensure best design practices and communicate quality expectations across the organization
- Spend time with Acquia customers, prospects, partners, and internal stakeholders to understand user needs and evaluate designs
- Demonstrate a command of design methods, tools, communication, and presentation skills
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Like exceeding the expectations of savvy and customers with strong viewpoints
What you’ll need to be successful...
- 4+ years experience
- A thorough understanding of user-centered design, with excellent hands-on graphic design skills and an ability to translate user requirements into a design vision
- Proficiency in software tools such as InVision, Sketch, Axure, Adobe Creative Suite or similar
- Experience running design workshops and critiques
- Experience with designing information visualization and analytics-based recommender applications
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize requests, communicate with stakeholders, and meet expected milestones
- Examples of prior work and/or accomplishments are required
- Experience with SaaS product design and development
- Familiarity with web development best practices and cloud architecture
- Experience with enterprise software development and/or Drupal experience
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.