Senior Product Designer
Greater Boston Area
At Klaviyo, marketers know that "sending the right message to the right people at the right time" is the key to getting better results. We believe the key reason behind irrelevant marketing isn’t the people; it’s the tools they have to work with. Despite the explosion in Marketing Technology, the products that let marketers communicate with people in a truly relevant, engaging way are either a pain in the ass to use or missing important features.
That’s where Klaviyo comes in. Klaviyo helps marketers drive more sales with super-targeted, highly relevant email, Facebook, and Instagram marketing.
We have thousands of paying customers, we're profitable, and we're growing very quickly. If you care about making marketing relevant so it drives meaningful business results, we want to meet you!
About the Role
Klaviyo is a product-driven company, and we’re passionate about user experience and design.
The Senior Product Designer will join a team and be involved in every aspect of the product conceptualization and development process. Responsibilities range from brainstorming the next great product, prototyping the experience, pairing with engineering and product management during agile development, tweaking pixels right before launch, and working with customers to perform usability testing. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and – individually – you will own the experience for at least one area/feature of the Klaviyo product.
You’ll additionally work with the design team to improve the overall user experience of the Klaviyo product as well as its individual interaction patterns and components. On top of that, you will work to grow the quality of the product as well as the design capabilities of the company and agile teams.
This position is full-time and based in Boston.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our rapidly growing customer base.
- Contribute to the company and product style guide.
- Design user flows and experiences that are intuitive and simple to use.
- Advocating for good user experience across our platform by representing our customers in product strategy and roadmap discussions.
- Partner with product managers, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some).
- Pair with design resources on marketing and other teams to ensure consistency across Klaviyo web properties and initiatives.
- Help grow the product design/UX team by actively partaking in hiring and mentoring responsibilities.
- Give, solicit, and take feedback from other designers, engineers, and product managers to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Understanding and co-ownership of success metrics for owned product areas.
- Previous experience in building and shipping applications/software at scale and iterating over time.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced experimental or start-up environment collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders.
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative UX process, including wire-framing, prototyping, user research, and design systems.
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build' and ‘how we will know customers love it’).
- High fidelity UI & interaction design abilities that can be demonstrated through a current portfolio of projects.
- Ability to mentor junior designers, and to give creative direction to bring out their best work
- The ability to adapt to new information and an openness to change conclusions when necessary; if one approach doesn’t work, you’re ready to try something else.
- A keen sense of how to prioritize your projects and time.
- You possess excellent communication skills (you should be able to clearly articulate your design process, inspiration, and decisions).
- Experience with modern design tools (Sketch, Figma, Invision, Abstract, etc).
- Growth mindset.
- Industry experience in e-commerce, marketing tech or SaaS is a strong asset.
- Design experience across a variety of platforms (desktop, tablet, iOS, Android, etc.).
- Experience developing or contributing to an actively evolving design system.
- Some understanding / prior experience working with CSS (LESS/SASS) for building responsive applications.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive pay and equity.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Tax preferred transit and parking plans for employees.
- Flexible work hours and unlimited time off.
- Ongoing professional education budget of $3000/yr and opportunities through internal & external workshops.
- Fully stocked kitchens.
- Unique employee referral rewards program.
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices.
Klaviyo Design Elsewhere:
Design Blog 📗
Design Podcast 🎙️
Read Full Job Description