Senior Product Designer (UI/UX)
What You’ll Do:
You’ll work closely with our partners at leading hospitality brands to design amazing user experiences that delight and inspire travelers around the world. You’ll drive the design and success of our tour and activity marketplace by contributing to all phases of a project, from wireframes to visual design, prototyping, and testing.
In doing so, you’ll work closely with our Partnerships and Product teams to identify opportunities for improvements and new features, and with our Engineering team to gain technical insight and ensure product builds are reflective of the vision across multiple platforms (mobile, tablet, desktop). In helping to build a design-forward culture, you’ll both maintain and evolve our style guide, product design, documentation, and information architecture approach.
Who You Are:
You are someone looking for an opportunity, not a job! You love your craft, and are ready to contribute to the success of both startup and enterprise-level digital products. You possess a strong work ethic and humble attitude, and operate with a collaborative spirit—you’re comfortable speaking up to share ideas as well as receiving direction and feedback. You are scrappy, resourceful, self-starter that is at their best when working with a team of talented travel enthusiasts.
Who We Are:
PlacePass is a team of 25+ diverse individuals united by a single vision: to connect people to great experiences, all over the world. Boston-based but globally-minded, we celebrate the power of travel to inform, educate, and empower people.
Over the past two years, we have built the world’s largest online marketplace for in-destination experiences (tours, activities, attractions), the third largest ($150B+) and fastest growing segment of the travel industry. We not only operate PlacePass, but also extend our platform to the world's largest travel companies, including Marriott. PlacePass is backed by an amazing group of investors and is well-positioned to make the most of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity in the in-destination experiences space.
- 5-7+ years experience at a startup, agency, or in-house setting; e-commerce experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Interactive Design, or other related discipline
- An online portfolio that demonstrates your visual skills and strategic thinking
- Experience conducting user research activities (such as interviews, usability testing, card sorting, and surveys) to understand the needs of users
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, pencil on paper, etc.)
- Knowledge of visual, interactive, and user-centered experience design principles
- Working knowledge of basic front-end development skills and capabilities (HTML, CSS, React)
- Prior travel industry experience
- Prior e-commerce experience
- Amazing colleagues who work hard, but know how to have fun
- Competitive salaries
- Equity ownership in the company
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free Global Entry
- $500 in activities on PlacePass.com annually
- Stocked kitchen with cold brew and beer on tap
- Catered weekly lunches
- Friday happy hours
- Quarterly Hackathons