Senior Product Designer, Onsite at Klaviyo
At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Klaviyo is a technology company that combines customer data and marketing software. We help businesses of every size — from entrepreneurs to iconic brands — deliver amazing experiences across email and other owned channels. We thrive on solving challenging problems and our mission is to empower creators to own their destiny.
About the Team:
Our Product Design team is organized into a series of product pillars, where multiple teams contribute to the goals of a larger mission. This role sits within the Communication pillar which helps Klaviyo customers get started with our app, utilize the tools needed to capture new customers, and craft personalized communications to build lasting relationships with them.
About the Role:
As the Senior Product Designer, Onsite, you’ll lead and help drive the key initiatives that our customers rely on to build new relationships with people who visit their brand’s website. The onsite experiences (forms, flyouts, quizzes, landing pages, and whatever else you dream up) are critical moments in our customer’s marketing playbook. You’ll work closely with a dedicated team to research, plan, design, and develop beautiful onsite experiences that are viewed by tens of millions of people every day.
We’re looking for someone who is obsessed with quality, exhibits a natural curiosity, collaborates radically, and above all, demonstrates a passion for delivering best-in-class experiences that customers love (and others will want to copy).
Klaviyo Design Elsewhere:
Design Blog 📗
Design Podcast 🎙️
How You’ll Have an Impact:
- Advocate for best-in-class user experiences across our platform by representing our customers in product strategy and roadmap discussions
- Balance creativity and user research to explore broad, conceptual ideas that help drive outcomes for our rapidly growing customer base
- Own the overall user experience for the onsite product area from concept to launch (and then some), partnering closely with Product Managers, Engineers, Researchers and Content Strategists
- Understand and co-own the success metrics for owned product areas
- Help grow the product design/UX team by actively partaking in mentoring responsibilities and interviewing
- Give, solicit, and take feedback from other designers, engineers, and product managers to continually raise our quality bar
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of professional design experience
- A portfolio of projects supporting end-to-end product development cycle, from audience definition to product adoption
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative UX process, including wire-framing, prototyping, user research, and design systems; you can concept, prototype, design, and present solutions that solve user and business problems, delivering measurable customer outcomes
- Proven self-motivated, detail-oriented craftsperson, able to work efficiently and effectively with other designers, developers, product managers and marketers to advocate for design direction
- Design experience across a variety of platforms (desktop, tablet, iOS, Android, etc.)
Nice to Have:
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build' and ‘how we will know customers love it’)
- Ability to adapt to new information and an openness to change conclusions when necessary; if one approach doesn’t work, you’re ready to try something else
- Experience designing with Figma
- Ability to mentor junior designers and to give creative direction to bring out their best work
- Experience developing or contributing to an actively evolving design system
Klaviyo Benefits and Perks
At Klaviyo, we are committed to supporting the health and wellbeing of you and your family. We are proud to offer a competitive and equitable benefits program:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance + wellness reimbursement + flexible spending account
- Up to 16 weeks fully paid parental leave and return-to-work program post parental leave
- Unlimited vacation time (we have a minimum you must take each year) + 13 paid holidays
- Free career coaching through Bravely
- 401(K) + matching
- Annual $3,000 stipend for training and learning related expenses + free book policy
- Dedicated diversity and inclusion groups that sponsors monthly company-wide activities to educate and enrich our employees
- Free access to Headspace
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.