Senior Product Designer - Kitchen Operations at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Product Designer with a strong portfolio that demonstrates an ability to balance user goals with business objectives, while delivering intuitive experiences that “Do right by the customer.”
Our future teammate is someone who is excited about improving the lives of everyone working in a restaurant kitchen from line cooks to expediters. You’ll be working on both digital and physical product experiences that support kitchens of all shapes and sizes. Your collaborative style inspires others to the point where people ask to work with you; your high quality standards and problem solving skills are obvious throughout the entire process; and you acknowledge there’s always more to learn.
You should have experience working directly with Product Managers, Engineers, and Designers to prioritize, brainstorm, and deliver user experiences. Demonstrated skills include user needs analysis, business process analysis, workflow design, rapid prototyping, interaction design, and high-fidelity product design. As a Toast Product Designer, you’ll join a diverse, multidisciplinary team of problem solvers creating with purpose - we enable restaurants to do what they love and thrive.
About this roll* (Responsibilities):
- Collaborate with UX, product management, engineering, and marketing to understand users, identify opportunities, and find high-impact design solutions
- Design intuitive experiences across mobile and responsive web platforms - delivering easy to follow wireframes, workflows, and prototypes
- Navigate ambiguity and complexity to arrive at simple, intuitive experiences
- Regularly conduct design reviews to obtain feedback, iterating on the designs to improve results
- Support user research studies that generate insights to positively impact product design
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements):
- A passion for doing right by the customer
- At least 4-5 years experience in Product Design
- Experience with the Android operating system and devices running on Android (phones, tablets, televisions, etc.)
- Portfolios with examples of complex Infrastructure Architecture and Material design preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead the solution of a product area within a complex system, and connect that to a broader product vision
- Experience designing for native mobile apps and responsive web platforms
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to learn new things and tackle a range of challenges as they arise
- Experience with holistic design approaches, including journey mapping, to create delightful moments across the entire experience
- Enough UX Research fluency to be data and insights driven
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills
- Enduring sense of curiosity with a desire to continuously learn and evolve
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills with an ability to build strong relationships both within and outside of the product organization
- Fluency in Figma and other prototyping and design collaboration tools
- Bonus: Designing hardware-based experiences
Our spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- 100% paid childbirth recovery medical leave
- 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave
- Eligibility for 100% paid medical or family leave Subsidized backup childcare
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Home office and telecommunications stipends
- Free access to Certified Financial Planners
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.