Senior Product Design Manager (UI/UX)
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history
We are looking for an experienced and talented Senior UX Product Designer to lead and grow our UX team while creating usable, attractive, and high performing user experiences for CarGurus along the way. The ideal candidate will be comfortable getting in the weeds and also looking at the high level objectives; prioritizing initiatives, mentoring junior designers, and working on agile teams to design mobile-first solutions that solve complex customer problems. You will make strategic design decisions, measure design outcomes, and guide any given user journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
What You’ll Do:
- Create a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate on your designs.
- Partner closely with Product Managers and Engineering to evaluate and prioritize design opportunities against the overall roadmap and team resources
- Mentor and train a team of designers
- Build a data-driven approach to design ideation and improvement, tracking performance metrics
- Collaborate with stakeholders to research, conceive, wireframe, prototype, and ultimately test new features within the CarGurus consumer or B2B facing experiences
- Translate concepts and prototypes into high-fidelity mockups
- Identify usability gaps and devise elegant solutions.
- Work with teams and stakeholders across the broader company to assist with design needs
Who You Are:
- Five or more years of UX/Product Design experience and past success growing and leading a team of designers, establishing the reputation as a strong mentor
- Experience with ecommerce and/or digital marketplace products, particularly on mobile platforms, strongly preferred.
- Data-driven when evaluating design effectiveness and be ready, willing, and excited to participate in A/B testing of new concepts and designs.
- Ability to communicate effectively across various level of leadership in the organization and create design processes and framework.
- Work with stakeholders or other team members to identify solutions for design challenges
- Expertise in UI/UX software such as InVision, Adobe CC, Sketch, Zepplin, and the like is a must.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design principals and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.