Senior Motion Designer at Klaviyo
At Klaviyo we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Klaviyo is a technology company that combines customer data and marketing software. We help businesses of every size — from entrepreneurs to iconic brands — deliver amazing experiences across email and other owned channels. Our goal is to help brands connect with their customers, get new ones, and use Customer-First Data™ to create amazing experiences. We work hard to empower brands and speed their path to success.
As our first Motion Designer, you will develop the principles and guidance on animation to thoughtfully guide our customers through the product experience by informing, attracting focus on next steps and expressing the outcome of an action. The guidelines you create will be the building blocks of animation that we can build the future of Klaviyo on.
Klaviyo Design Elsewhere:
Design Blog 📗
Design Podcast 🎙️
What You’ll Do:
- Drive clarity of plan, strategy and vision on key company priorities with product managers, engineers, researchers and content strategists.
- Drive product strategy and innovation to solve the most complex problems we’re tackling across the company.
- Design leading-edge concepts through the craft of end-to-end flows which impact broad sets of users at scale, and use the appropriate prototyping tools
- Design new experiences or interactions that evolve visual systems and/or generate new visual language that inspires and influences the work of others across the company
- Proactively solicit and provide feedback from a broader product team in order to continually raise our bar for quality, while also taking on mentorship and coaching opportunities
What You’ll Need:
- 4+ years of experience building and shipping applications or software at a company level, leading the end-to-end experience within a large-scale, ambiguous domain
- Interaction Design experience defining and evangelizing how an experience should behave based on understanding people's needs, plus consideration of how this innovation will scale and examples using of appropriate prototyping tools in demonstrating how a particular interaction will work
- Visual Design experience with a novel grasp of leveraging typography, desktop/mobile UI, color, layout, iconography and aesthetic sense and how these elements impact product function
- Demonstrable track record in leading strategic thinking across a large product space, developing product goals, identifying opportunities in a global market, and making decisions based on the impact to people and the company
- Experience using motion to reduce perceived latency.
- Understanding of basic principles of animation.
- Ability to use motion to a narrative effect and understanding the future of interactive motion.
- Experience collaborating with engineers to ship new interactions and animations.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.