Senior Interaction Designer at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Join Formlabs if you want to completely reinvent how we make things. Formlabs makes complex and intimidating 3D printing technologies easy to use through badass engineering and intuitive design.
The Formlabs Product Design Team is looking for a Senior Interaction Designer to work on the design and development of user interfaces across our embedded, desktop, and web products. As a member of the team, you will work across creative and engineering disciplines; develop low and high fidelity prototypes; and contribute to the development of products and user experiences that will impact millions of people.
If you’re excited to ship products that ship products, we want you to join our Product team as a Senior Interaction Designer.
- Design user interfaces and product experiences that exist across hardware, software, and materials.
- Work to design, develop, grow and maintain a robust and scalable design system.
- Dive into the needs of a diverse range of users, and turn their requirements into compelling new features.
- Work from low-fidelity wireframes to pixel-perfect, interactive prototypes.
- Collect, analyze, and synthesize product usage data to drive new feature insights.
- Creates compelling user experiences and beautiful designs.
- Have a clear understanding of human-computer interaction principles, how to execute on them, and can communicate your design intentions to collaborators.
- Can show a strong and diverse portfolio of graphic and interactive work.
- Experience designing and building user interfaces for desktop, web, mobile or embedded.
- Experience with Figma and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with creative coding frameworks, game engines, and/or web technologies.
- Can take and give constructive criticism, and work in an environment where the best ideas win.
- Have a background in human-computer interaction, design and/or computer science; but we care much more about your experience and enthusiasm than about the particularities of your background.
- An interest in 3D printing, CAD, computational geometry, and/or related technologies
- Experience with creative coding frameworks or game engines (e.g. p5.js, Open Frameworks, Processing, or Unity).
- Experience with Qt, QML, or OpenGL.
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Fully stocked kitchens and catered lunches three days a week
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints!
*A portfolio is required for this role*
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.