Senior Graphic Designer
SimpliSafe is seeking a Senior Graphic Designer to join our team. If you’re interested in the opportunity to put your stamp on an emerging brand, please read on.
SimpliSafe is a technology start-up growing in the heart of Boston, but with a national footprint. We design, manufacture, and sell a line of wireless home security systems. Our technology and service platform is giving over a million Americans the ability to protect their homes and families without the hassles, contracts and fees charged by traditional home security.
As a senior designer with us, you will have the chance to directly influence the look and feel of an emerging national brand. We design everything in-house. From our retail packaging to user-experiences on our website, apps, and manuals.
It’s an exciting time at SimpliSafe, as we are currently in the midst of updating the brand. We have a new retail presence with major national retailers. And we continue to build out our hardware platform.
We need someone who dreams of making interfaces beautiful. Your eye for balance, color, and identity in multi-media will guide us to create cohesive customer experiences in our packaging, website, apps, advertising, and perhaps even physical spaces.
You must also be passionate about usability, information architecture, and driven to seek mastery in creating useful and beautiful user experiences. You understand how images, colors, and layouts speak and breathe an identity into a brand.
- 4+ years experience creating inspiring brand experiences across mediums
- Strong illustration skills and a great deal of focus — you can spend hours tweaking a tiny icon set so that it's just right.
- Experience designing web pages, preferably e-commerce sites.
- Advanced command of Adobe Suite.
- Ability to break down complex concepts into simple, elegant, user-centered solutions.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills — you have the ability to negotiate and articulate the "why" of design decisions, and thick enough skin to give and take constructive criticism.
- Interest in working within a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based project environment.
- Ability to be self-directed, self-motivated, organized and disciplined.
- An idea of how the internet works, so HTML, CSS, and SEO are not foreign concepts.
Please be sure to include a resume and portfolio (link to online portfolio preferred), and tell us what drives your passion to design.