Senior Graphic Designer
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
The CarGurus Consumer Marketing team is looking for a talented Senior Graphic Designer who has a passion for web design and branding. The Senior Graphic Designer will create digital display and Facebook ads, email marketing templates, social media graphics and infographics, and will influence select site designs and support corporate design needs for things like Powerpoint templates and HR collateral—all in keeping with the CarGurus brand guidelines. The Senior Graphic Designer will be as interested in aesthetics as in performance. At CarGurus, we A/B test like crazy to design creative that looks as good as it performs.
*Online portfolio must be submitted for consideration*
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as the primary graphic designer for the CarGurus consumer marketing team, consistently applying our brand guidelines across a range of media.
- Develop on-brand creative to support our customer acquisition and engagement efforts
- Concept, design and resize digital display and social media ads (animated and static)
- Create graphics for organic social posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other platforms
- Create infographics supporting our PR and content marketing efforts
- Provide graphical elements to elevate the visual design of CarGurus videos
- Update existing email designs and create new email templates consistent with brand guidelines and adhering to HTML/CSS requirements
- Select and suggest photography consistent with our brand look and feel for use in social media, digital advertising, the site and across all CarGurus departments
- Design select corporate landing pages within established brand guidelines
- Develop on-brand materials to support the needs of our HR team and other corporate stakeholders as needed
- Proactively manage a dynamic queue of design requests, consistently hitting deadlines in a fast-paced environment with multiple internal stakeholders
- Source and manage freelancers for additional capacity and/or specific skill sets as needed
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual communication or related field
- 6-10 years of experience working as a digital designer at an agency or in-house Web team for a product-driven, consumer business
- Able to multi-task, juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong project management skills, experience with Wrike and/or JIRA preferred
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, written and verbal
- Attention to detail and organizational skills, a must
- Positive, energetic and able to take constructive feedback
- Keen eye for typography, color and layout
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite products, Photoshop
- After Effects experience strongly preferred to create animated gifs/motion graphics
- Strong knowledge of web design and development principles
- Understanding of HTML/CSS required
- PowerPoint design experience preferred
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.