Senior Graphic Designer (Contract) at edX
This is a three-month contract with the potential for extension, at approximately 40 hours per week.
edX’s Senior Graphic Designer will work closely with the edX Brand and Product Marketing team to make their product lines and the edX brand come to life, in an exceptionally artistic way. By executing a visual strategy through creative project management, you’ll manage the development and refinement process for assets that will reach millions of our learners globally.
You’ll join our Brand team, comprised of 7 people, and be part of our larger Marketing team, home to 30 edXers. You’ll report directly to our Sr. Director of Brand Marketing.
- Collaborate on design strategy by participating in and contributing to design briefings
- Manage creative execution by creating on-brand digital assets for use on social, email, and our website, including landing pages, marketing campaigns, partner and brand ads, new product lines, sales assets, and more
- Project manage brief requests submitted in JIRA from various teams at edX for internal and external stakeholders (eg. partners)
- Continually refine our visual strategy within new and existing assets
- A love for design, and a passion for creative excellence, branding, and visual communication
- Experience within both digital and graphic design
- Excellent knowledge of current trends within creative and design, from branding identity to digital
- Advanced knowledge of conceptual thinking and design development
- Fantastic organizational skills
- An ability to work well in a team setting and independently
- Background in copywriting
- Knowledge of interactive media and/or video
- Knowledge of HubSpot CMS
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.