Senior Digital Visual Designer
Come help us redefine the future of HealthCare. With a history of transformation over the last 50 years, Humana is once again transforming itself using a startup approach. At ‘Humana – Edge’ we are on a mission to improve health outcomes for our seniors and helping them lead a fulfilling life. The Product & Experience team drives the product vision for our web, mobile and conversational AI digital presence with a strong focus on bringing new ideas to life and strive to create clear, beautiful, inclusive digital and physical experiences empowering our customers.
At the Edge you will be at the forefront of designing new products and services that break the mold of what healthcare is today. You will be at the heart of all we do. The Edge is a place where you can solve diverse, complex challenges alongside thoughtful, intelligent teammates who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. It is a place that brings together doctors, clinical teams, product managers, engineers, designers and industry leaders to invent new experience that will allow seniors to live achieve their life purpose.
The Edge is a skunkworks organization that breaks down the barriers that often exist in larger organizations. Teams are small, nimble and focused on innovation rather than job description.
- Strong conceptual thinking that starts with sketching and turns into We want people who can start a project off from an incredibly strong position and come up with surprising, cool concepts to move forward with.
- Ability to work closely with product and ux designers to conceptualize and sketch out solution ideas that are across mobile, web, voice and physical.
- Support conceptual thinking to create world-class digital services across mobile, desktop, voice and physical environments.
- Contribute to the Visual Interface Design through personas, storyboards, scenarios, mood boards, iconography, photography and illustrations.
- Give data meaning through information visualization and interaction.
- Translate concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity despite system complexity.
- Develop strong foundational design systems (think google material design) and enforce design standards across all mediums.
- Work with brand and marketing teams to translate brand guidelines into digital.
- Manage the quality of design throughout all phases of a project.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Partner with product managers, ux designers and researchers to make sure your designs are meeting business, consumer needs and are feasible
- 5+ years of creating design systems and executing on them
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid organization
- Be both a visual and verbal storyteller, delivering insights about people and behavior in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement
- Excellent analytical, verbal, writing and presentation skills
- Experience designing mobile first and omni-channel design systems
- Expert using Adobe CC, sketch and InVision. Prototyping skills in programs like pixate and UxPin a big plus
- This job is not for someone who only works in visual design systems, we are looking for a designer that can think conceptually, work with design ambiguity and is comfortable sketching out ideas as much as creating a beautiful visual in sketch or adobe CC
- Embrace challenges and inspire new ways of thinking
- Self-motivation, excellent communication, an open mind, the ability to thrive in multidisciplinary teams, and the skills to balance great design with short deadlines
- Illustration and storyboarding skills a plus.
- Experience designing and building solutions for HealthCare is a plus.
- Portfolio MUST accompany your resume and should exhibit stylistic breadth, attention to detail, and balances beauty, innovation and usability. Please show details of project work and your role in delivering the work
- No need for a cover letter.
- This job is full time and based out of our Louisville, KY office. There may be travel from time to time to other offices or for customer research purposes.