Greater Boston Area
Mendix provides a platform and approach that helps enterprises innovate and digitally transform their businesses and industries. Nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications to delight their customers and empower their employees. We experienced 78 percent growth in 2016 and are a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $15 billion by 2020.
While we live on different continents and work on different things, we are one team with a shared mission and set of values. We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally. We value hard work, accountability, and results. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
We are seeking a Senior Designer that is excited about building new roads, loves the challenge of being the industry first, and is not shy from stepping up to the plate to deliver beautiful and unexpected design solutions. You’ll join our new Creative Services team as the lead designer for marketing & brand initiatives, expected to be a creative thought leader at coming up with new designs and helping to shape the mission of the Creative Services team. You’ll work with the Creative Services manager and partner with global teams to find new ideas to ordinary problems, find creative solutions where others say there are none, and most importantly, help teams deliver their best work with your designs as the medium of their strategy and ideas
- You are excited about new and challenging opportunities and have an appetite to learn and get better. You want to learn more about the intersection of design, marketing, and technology. As our new Senior Designer, you will design engaging landing pages, ebooks, white papers, digital and promotional collateral, emails, event graphics, and more. You accept criticism and welcome collaboration with stakeholders, other designers and marketers. You strive to add value to the business through thoughtful and solution driven design and will be a Mendix product expert so you can better position and recommend designs for our product. You’ll seek answers and help when you don’t have what you need to get the job done.
- Excellent design knowledge of icons, layout, color theory, grids, typography, web, print, and signage.
- Excellent proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and sketch
- Ability to pivot to meet business needs during crunch time
- Excellent ability to visualize intangible ideas especially within the technology space and work with product marketing to find the right solutions
- Excellent conceptual ability so you can define new brand elements and marketing campaigns
- Understanding of the marketing funnel, customer/prospect journeys, and design for them
- Experience designing for marketing initiatives across an array of touchpoints
- Strong experience designing for the web and understand of app design
- Excellent powerpoint skills for enabling sales and management teams to position Mendix in the best light
- Ability and willingness to pitch, defend, and present your ideas and designs
- Experience in A/B testing
- Experience working in the technology software space and understanding of the mobile apps
- Supreme attention to detail is a must! You are the gatekeeper for the quality of your work, so you must make sure it is pristine.
- Self-starter, deadline oriented, and ability to prioritize your time
- Must be organized and a team player.
- HTML & CSS knowledge is a big plus
- Design portfolio a must—candidates without a portfolio will not be considered
- Bachelor’s Degree in relatable field
- 5-8 years of experience as a designer within the technology space
Read Full Job Description