Senior Design Researcher at ezCater
We’re building Boston’s next great tech company - come be a part of it! ezCater was founded by two software engineers and serial entrepreneurs in 2007. ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and valued at over $1 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
We’re also tremendous fans of user experience. Are we proud of how many times the adjective ‘easy’ appears in our TrustPilot reviews? (In case you’re wondering: nearly 2X as often as any other adjective – and the next most common adjective is ‘great’.) Do we think that it’s UX that gets us that reputation? Do we think that our all-important conversion rate is strongly affected by UX? Yes. Better understanding our users is one of our ongoing priorities – come help us use research to make that a reality!Some nuts & bolts:
ezCater is a rapid growing company that deeply values user experience. We are looking for a senior design researcher to join our fast-growing design and research team, impacting a wide range of products across caterer and consumer ends.
What you’ll do:
- Deeply understand the needs and challenges of ezCater customers and restaurant partners. .
- Identify and prioritize research studies.
- Work with other researchers, designers, product managers, engineers, and other business stakeholders to plan research and act on the results.
- Lead all phases of exploratory and evaluative research (planning, recruiting, moderating/data gathering, analysis, and synthesis)
- Effectively communicate research results to different audiences at ezCater in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Collect and synthesize insights from customer support and sales.
- Evaluate the usability of product features and its impact on the user experience with analytical data and research findings.
- Help build empathy for the key audiences ezCater serves, helping others understand and internalize the audiences’ needs, attitudes, and pain points.
- Evangelize tools and best practices to empower product managers, designers, and developers to conduct their own research when possible
- Be an advocate for the end users and the role research plays in improving our product.
- 3 - 5 years experience conducting research for software products, preferably as part of an in-house product team.
- Broad hands on experience with qualitative research methods and a thorough understanding of when to apply each one.
- A strong track record of research projects that helped to drive measurable successes through the actionable insights your work generated, great communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate to multiple audiences including PMs, designers, engineers, and other stakeholders.
- The ability to adjust quickly as business needs change.
- Deep empathy for users and a passion for improving their experience.
- A sharp mind, a soft heart, and a large funny bone.
- BS or MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, social science, or a related field.
- You have experience doing research on mobile products.
- You’ve worked in food industry.
Importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office smack-dab in Boston’s Downtown Crossing, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.