Senior Creative Director at Klaviyo
The Senior Creative Director is responsible for driving Creative across the marketing organization. This individual will manage a rapidly-growing team of designers and copywriters with a focus on global integrated marketing campaigns, overarching brand design, creative execution of brand assets across all owned channels and more. This is an exciting year for Klaviyo - we are going BIG in design - think global OOH campaigns, radio, a full brand refresh and more - and here’s the opportunity to be the lead creative at the helm! You will also help drive awareness and engagement with new and existing customers through visual storytelling that brings the brand to life.
We are searching for true creative spirit for this role - someone who is as savvy at developing campaign concepts as they are at design execution. In this role, you will develop Creative that resonates with aspirations of current and new customers in key customer segments. You’ll be defining a unique and ownable position for Klaviyo and our RTB against competitors in the space to drive brand awareness and loyalty. You will lead our effort to create a more approachable position in the mar-coms space, showcasing both our technology and easy of use. Finally, we look to you to push us to elevate the brand through visually stunning creative and storytelling across channels, ever mindful of the customer journey.
In addition to our external design execution, you’ll also drive a culture that infuses design into every facet of Klaviyo, from our externally-visible brand assets, to our office space and every internal employee experience. You’ll make Klaviyo a recognized steward of design both internally and externally - developing and encouraging the team as thought-leaders and ensuring that everyone at Klaviyo understands the value and impact of design.
How You Will Make a Difference:
You are a detail-oriented design leader who is able to deliver campaigns on-time, on-budget and on-trend. You have experience developing the visual identity or look and feel for consumer brands, and have developed multi-channel creative and brand marketing experiences including production and execution for digital and print communications, out of home, videos, e-learning design and experiential (trade shows, branded events, pop-ups, etc.).
- Lead and develop a fast-growing team of designers and copywriting professionals
- Deliver stunning and emotionally impactful creative that aligns with our brand positioning.
- Deliver new and engaging campaigns that move our customers from need-to-want moving the needle on brand awareness and consideration.
- Accountable for leading the standards and consistency of Brand identity and voice across key brand activities and guest engagement channels
- Lead internal teams to develop impactful creative concepts and executions that deliver on the brand vision, including branding
- Partner closely with Product and Product Design to ensure a consistent brand experience across all Klaviyo products and platforms
Who You Are:
- 15 yrs experience, with experience at the Creative Director level or higher, in a creative agency or in-house creative team
- 15 yrs experience managing highly skilled and multidisciplinary creative teams
- At least 5 years experience leading creative for a consumer brand (B2B and consumer design experience a major plus). Ad agency experience a plus
- Experience not just designing campaigns - but helping to CONCEPT them from the ground up. You are comfortable working with your team to present a variety of campaign concepts based on strong briefs from your marketing leaders
- You’ve lived through brand redesign before - you know how to ensure a new brand identity rolls out smoothly across an entire organization and all creative assets
- You’ve managed both copywriters and designers of all levels; you’re comfortable mentoring both
- You’re comfortable building and managing a Design department tailored to the business’ specific needs
- Strong background in graphic design; you began your career as a designer and are still as passionate about beautiful, strong, clean design as you were when you left design school
- You’re wildly obsessed with fonts and color palettes
- You’ve worked closely with Product teams and designers to ensure brand consistency across all brand platforms
- Constant and curious learner; passionate to evolve and to lead best-in- class communications practices
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is the world’s leading owned marketing platform known for accelerating revenue for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web and mobile. Enabling companies to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesn’t force companies to compromise between advanced functionality or ease of use - so companies of all sizes are able to maximize their sales quickly. That’s why 50,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink and Eventbrite sell more with Klaviyo.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.