Senior Creative Art Director, 258° Creative Group (Hybrid-Boston) at MassMutual (Greater Boston Area, MA)
Senior Art Director, 258° Creative Group
We need a conceptual Senior Art Director with an appetite for being proactive. We care about your design chops but we care more about your conceptual thinking. The challenge: We're a complex organization with lots of channels, in-house clients, and differing expectations. The opportunity: We're in the process of overhauling the in-house creative group to significantly expand its capabilities. This position will be a huge part of that evolution and will have a strong hand in deciding what our future looks like.
You'll be partner to a senior writer as the new group's first dedicated creative team. While you'll handle plenty of business-as-usual projects, you'll also be expected to 1) be a strong conceptual thinker, 2) identify in-house opportunities to turn what is usually rote work into something more creative and interesting, and 3) partner with our agency-of-record on national brand-level campaigns and projects, helping to guide their development and expand them into other channels.
We're building an in-house creative team that will eventually be able to go toe-to-toe with the best “out-of-house” agencies. This role will help us get there and you'll be a big part of it. (Yes, it's ambitious. But it's our ambition.) The team includes copywriters, art directors, designers, creative directors, and more.
Create everything from digital banners, emails, and social posts, to collateral and print ads that achieve creative excellence while supporting and evolving brand look and feel.
• Identify and evaluate in-house projects that have untapped creative potential
• Concept in social and other channels with strong original thinking as well as creative extensions of existing campaigns
• Manage and incorporate feedback from multiple internal stakeholders
• Form a close, collaborative partnership with a senior copywriter
• Be available and willing to be physically present in our Boston Seaport office for 2-3 days per week
The Minimum Qualifications
• 7+ years experience in advertising, either at an external agency or at a solid in-house agency
• Experience concepting original ideas, evolving them with the input of a partner and Creative Director, and bringing them to life across multiple channels
• A portfolio that includes conceptual campaign work that you can explain and speak to
• An understanding of popular social channels and environments
• Proficient in industry-standard applications (Adobe Creative Suite)
• Experience making decks and presenting creative work
• Familiarity with the basic principles of branding/brand identity
• Familiarity with the basic demands and potential of traditional cross-channel media, including social, digital, print, email, and OOH
• Solid understanding of photography, illustration, typography, and editing
The Ideal Qualifications
• Experience working at a financial company or on financial accounts
• Experience with animation
• A familiarity with the process of making creative work which is the norm in (but not unique to) advertising agencies
• Experience with video/film work, from concepting to production
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.