Senior Communication Designer, INBOUND Event
Do you love, live and breathe design? Are you ready to join a fast-growing team with an award-winning culture? Great, let’s begin.
In this Senior Communication Designer role, you’ll support the team that produces INBOUND, HubSpot’s annual event which draws over 24,000 attendees, garners three million monthly video views, and boasts 400,000 followers and subscribers. You’ll translate and avail design’s value, and be assessed in part on your ability to collaboratively define and reach goals.
Explore INBOUND’s YouTube channel to learn more.
- A solid understanding of experience design, concept development, brand systems, and visual design
- Capabilities across customer research, problem definition, variable-fidelity sketching, on-time delivery, and success measurement
- The ability to design at both structural (brand, systems, guidelines) and surface (composition, color, typography, etc.) levels
- An aptitude in both digital and analog media and an appreciation for their interconnectedness in a holistic attendee experience
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with INBOUND’s senior leadership, project management team, and vendors, and lead a fast-paced, user-centered design process
- Proficiency across business contexts, with a focus in marketing communications (web development, video support and social media)
- Leverage your experience and knowledge to grow and evolve the team
- You’ll be reporting to Director of Design Ben Spear (benjaminspear.com) and working closely with INBOUND’s Ops Manager, Jenn Proud (behance.net/jenniferproud), a designer by trade
- Passion for helping INBOUND’s attendees—a community of people passionate about marketing, selling, and delighting customers using HubSpot’s inbound philosophy—compete and win
- Ability to work with designers and non-designers alike, receiving and providing both affirming and constructive feedback
- Curiosity to learn and take on new challenges in a growing company
- Comfort articulating design decisions and asking tough questions to help surface and challenge assumptions
- Able to receive and provide feedback across multiple stakeholders
- Track record creating unique and engaging experiences that educate and inspire through a strong visual narrative
- Fluent in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, Sketch and familiarity with prototyping tools like InVision
- Ability to work with deadlines and balance multiple projects
- Competence in UX research, testing and design
INBOUND is a community of people who are passionate about marketing, selling, and delighting customers in an “inbound” way. Our annual event and year-round media platform inspire and educate hundreds of thousands of people so that they—and their businesses—can grow better.
We believe that we’re all people first, and that empathy and humanity are at the core of doing business. We bring together speakers who are passionate not just about improving the bottom line, but also about building a brighter, kinder, and more inclusive future.
INBOUND is hosted with love by HubSpot, and we’re proud to bring together a community of industry professionals that come together to learn, get inspired, and grow better together.