Product UX/UI Design Consultant (Temporary)
SimpliSafe is looking for a temporary Product Designer to help us develop mobile app features (iOS & Android) and web applications to support the release of new products such as cameras.
Engagement Period: up to 6 months on site
Core areas of focus:
- Understanding SimpliSafe users: In close collaboration with the Product Manager, conduct user research, collect insights, and develop strategies to use data gathered.
- UX design: Apply findings to design user flows and interaction models for iOS/Android apps & web applications.
- UI design: Create & evolve design guidelines and ensure design consistency across SimpliSafe products
- Effective communication & collaboration: Share your learnings & designs with the team using mock-ups, wireframes, rapid prototypes, and other UI/UX design artifacts.
Required qualifications & experience:
- 3+ years of designing successful mobile (iOS & Android) and web applications for consumer facing products.
- Experience with user testing and using data to inform your designs.
- Experience working within an Agile development team.
- Ability to communicate effectively both visually and verbally.
- Keen understanding of mobile & web platforms.
- Proficient in Sketch, Invision, Photoshop and other design tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, HCI, computer science or related discipline — alternatively, demonstrated professional experience to make up for it.
It’d be awesome if you had:
- Experience designing UI/UX for Smart home apps.
- Startup experience, including the proven ability to creatively adapt to resource constraints (e.g. time, budget, etc.).