Markforged is looking for a Product/UX Designer to help us define and build the future of our user experience within Eiger, our 3D printing platform. Our software technologies and tools empower our customers to configure print-ready parts, visualize part geometry in 3D, and push to IoT-connected printers for printing. As part of the Product team, you would be helping to lead the scaling and growth of our 3D printing platform involving end-customer applications and IoT services.What will you own?
- Work with product managers, other designers, and developers to define and build new features across the Markforged product.
- Elevate and evolve the Markforged experience across multiple surfaces, including the web and on device screens.
- Create wireframes, flow diagrams, and interactive prototypes.
- Produce responsive visual elements, assets, and visual treatments.
- Deliver visual design specifications and guidelines to document and define user interfaces.
- Conduct user interviews and usability tests to define and iterate design work.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
- 5-7 years of experience working as a Product Designer / UX Designer.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating knowledge of design thinking, process, user interface design, and interaction design.
- Embraces iteration in the design process and is receptive to feedback. Progress over perfection.
- Solid understanding of technical concepts and constraints.
- Strengths in graphic design sensibilities: spacing, typography, illustration, and color.
- Experience working alongside full-stack software development teams.
- Self directed, with good time management and communication skills.
- Able to work independently and drive multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to communicate and defend concepts to a multidisciplinary team.
- Bachelors in HCI, CS, Interaction Design, or alternative design degree preferred.
- Experience working in Figma.
- Experience in CAD or other 3D software.
- Experience designing user interactions in 3D views.