Product Experience Designer at Markforged
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:31 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, June 30, 2020
Markforged is reinventing manufacturing so you can build anything you imagine. As the fastest-growing additive manufacturing company in the US, Markforged provides the most affordable metal and carbon fiber 3D printers on the market. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged products for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and production parts to optimize their manufacturing operations and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 300 employees globally and $137 million in both strategic and venture capital.
Markforged is looking for a Product/UX Designer to help us define and build the future of our user experience within Eiger, our 3D printing platform. Our software technologies and tools empower our customers to configure print-ready parts, visualize part geometry in 3D, and push to IoT-connected printers for printing. As part of the Product team, you would be helping to lead the scaling and growth of our 3D printing platform involving end-customer applications and IoT services.
In this role you will:
- Work with product managers, other designers, and developers to define and build new functionality across the Markforged user experience.
- Elevate and evolve the Markforged brand across multiple platforms, focusing on web application experiences.
- Produce responsive visual elements, assets, and visual treatments.
- Deliver visual design specifications and guidelines to document and define user interfaces.
- Conduct usability testing and iterate designs from the findings.
What we look for:
- 5-7 years of experience working as a Product Designer / UX Designer.
- A strong design portfolio demonstrating knowledge of responsive design, proper grids, scalable typography, and interactions.
- Solid understanding of technical concepts and constraints.
- Strengths in graphic design sensibilities: typography, illustration, and color.
- Experience working in Figma.
- Ability to ship within agreed timelines.
- Experience working alongside full-stack software development teams.
- Embrace an iterative design process and receptive to feedback. Progress over perfection.
- Able to work independently and drive multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to communicate your work and the rationale behind it to the broader team.
- Bachelors in HCI, CS, Interaction Design, or alternative design degree preferred.
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.
Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description