Dimagi is looking for our first full-time Product Designer! This is an incredibly fulfilling opportunity for an enterprising and skilled candidate to build our organization’s Design Culture from the ground up.
Dimagi is an award-winning global technology social enterprise with an impact-focused business model. We deliver open source technology to help underserved communities in over 60 countries around the world. Our core product, CommCare, allows organizations in low-resource contexts to build and deploy their own innovative mobile applications to the last mile, impacting the lives of more than 85 million people around the world.
As a Product Designer, you'll work collaboratively and iteratively to turn complex problems into intuitive user experiences. You'll own current and new product problems and measure success through data and user research. You'll play a key role in road mapping, feature design, and the quality of our products, and your work will impact both the user and our business goals.
- Design intuitive, human-centric flows and experiences on web and Android to solve product problems.
- Collaborate closely with product managers and engineers in all phases of product development, from discovery to delivery to iteration.
- Use research and data to guide design and development decisions.
- Use prototypes as the primary method for communicating and validating ideas both internally and externally.
- Validate and refine ideas, as well as collect new insights by employing an effective and objective User Testing process.
- Create and evangelize a design system language that includes reusable components, micro interactions, layouts, frameworks, and patterns.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the product and executive teams
- Demonstrated ability to think independently, argue open-mindedly and assertively, above all else value the pursuit of truth and excellence.
- High sense of accountability and ability to self-assess candidly.
- Portfolio with a history of impactful projects that showcase your design process.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in high performing and modern product teams.
- Strong UX, interaction, and visual design skills.
- Human-centric approach to designing products.
- A bias for action and tenacious focus on how your work impacts users and the business.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills.
- Phenomenal ability to effectively convey well-framed opinions to peers respectfully, and building alignment.
- Demonstrated comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback and constructive criticism.
- Fluency in commonly used design software and related tools (Sketch or Figma, Adobe CS, etc.)
- Prototyping skills (using Invision, HTML, CSS, Framer, Principle, etc.)
- 2-5 years of professional product design experience
As a mission-driven social enterprise, the position comes with a starting salary that is more in-line with that of a non-profit organization and exact compensation will vary by level of experience. However, we do aim to offer the best benefits possible including:
- 100% employer sponsored top-tier medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- Access to voluntary dental and vision insurance plans
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match vested immediately
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time, excellent parental leave policy, and a strong focus on work-life balance
- 100% employer sponsored Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
- 10 personal initiative days
- Occasional opportunities to travel internationally