In 2007, two software engineers and serial entrepreneurs founded ezCater. Today, ezCater is the only nationwide online marketplace for business catering in the United States a $23.9 billion market. Our 3.3M+ on-time ratings and reviews, our 60K+ caterers and restaurants, and our 5-star customer service make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for their meetings and events. We’re backed by Insight Venture Partners, Iconiq Capital, and Wellington Management, we're on a path to $1B in 2019 and $2B in 2020, and we'll get there - even more surely if you come help us.
At ezCater, we care a lot about great design. Are we proud of how many times the adjective ‘easy’ appears in our TrustPilot reviews? (In case you’re wondering: nearly 2X as often as any other adjective — and the next most common adjective is ‘great’). Do we think that it’s both UX and UI that gets us that reputation? Do we think that our all-important conversion rate is strongly affected by UX and UI? Yes, yes, and yes! Building great products that our customers and caterers love to use is a top priority – come join our team and help us keep those great reviews coming!
When teammates describe you, here’s what they say...
- You can tackle a wide range of design challenges, from mobile web e-commerce to desktop dashboards and you work fast!
- You’re comfortable sharing work early and often. You don’t just appreciate feedback, you seek it out. You’re constantly trying to improve your craft.
- You care deeply about the needs of the people you’re designing for. You understand their pain points and can help others walk a mile in their shoes.
- You’re at your best when working as part of a cross-functional team in a fast paced environment, and you’re energized by the process of iterating, testing, measuring, and iterating again to find the best solutions.
- You’re constantly looking to learn and improve your skills and you want your next opportunity to allow you to grow and learn from other capable and more experienced designers
- You're proactive and a self-starter. You find problems and you take initiative to solve them, without being asked.
After a year on our team, here’s what else you’ll be able to do...
- Use data to make design decisions (while surrounded by stakeholders and colleagues who believe strongly in the value of user research and data-driven design).
- Contribute to moving business metrics. You’re learning how to design solutions that delight users and help grow the business at the same time. You’ll consider business priorities and product evolution when designing solutions.
- Focus your time on the handful of areas where you can build deeper expertise, and you’ve started to manage larger, more complex projects on your own. You’ll have a bigger set of tools in your toolbox to approach ambiguous problems, complicated users flows, and data and research insights.
- Communicate effectively with your team and stakeholders about the problem you’re solving and why you’re proposing recommendations. You don’t just make design decisions, but you can speak to them.
- Facilitate brainstorming and ideation sessions with your team and take the charge on concept generation and developing solutions.
You’ll be able to hit the ground running if you…
- Have 2+ years of product design experience, solving thorny problems with thoughtful solutions.
- Have a portfolio that demonstrates a knack for designing clean and cohesive experiences, and dependable attention to detail. You present your process and not just the end result.
- Are proficient in Sketch and Invision, or other design and prototyping tools.
- Visual design might not be your strongest skill, but you can speak to what needs to be improved in a design, can effectively and quickly pull together high-fidelity mockups, and can iterate on your visual designs based on feedback.
- Can speak to the problems you’ve solved and how your design solutions led to an impact on the business metrics or user behaviors you were trying to drive.
- Are able to show how you’ve evolved your solutions in response to qualitative end user feedback and/or quantitative metrics.
- Have sharp mind, a soft heart and a large funny bone.
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.