Panorama is on a mission to radically improve student outcomes by helping educators act on data. Today, more than 500 school systems serving over seven million students use Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators get data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $32mm led by Emerson Collective as well as Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, SoftTechVC, and the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative.
About the role
Great design is central to Panorama Education's product and mission. We want our product to both delight teachers and educators across the country and to help them drive action to improve outcomes for their students. At Panorama, you will be working side-by-side with folks from many backgrounds and experiences: engineers, former teachers, product managers, education researchers, client account managers, and more. We believe that this diversity of experiences leads to better product design and therefore better outcomes for the students we serve.
As a product designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process: talking to educators to understand their needs, working with the team to define the scope of a given project, collaborating side-by-side with engineers to tweak the pixel-perfect styling, and digging into the usage analytics to understand how people actually use the product.
This job is for you if you:
- Want to work collaboratively with product managers, engineers, client success, and researchers to grow our product
- Know that designing a product is iterative and it's not possible to define the perfect feature up-front
- Think about our product as a system, and not simply a collection of web pages
- Translate user needs into user flows and product experiences
- Create design deliverables from low-fidelity sketches to high-fidelity mockups
- Give and seek critical feedback on your designs from your fellow coworkers
- Are curious and love to learn
- 3+ years of experience working in a cross-functional team of engineers and product managers
- Have great communication and collaboration skills
- Have experience leading teams through a design process
- Have experience building and shipping software
- A portfolio that highlights your past work and design process
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.