Product Design Manager at Klaviyo
At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Klaviyo is a technology company that combines customer data and marketing software. We help businesses of every size — from entrepreneurs to iconic brands — deliver amazing experiences across email and other owned channels. We thrive on solving challenging problems and our mission is to empower creators to own their destiny.
About the Team:
Our Product Design team is organized into a series of product pillars, where multiple teams contribute to the goals of a larger mission. This role sits within the Data Infrastructure pillar, which focuses on the data flow throughout the Klaviyo application.
The designers in this pillar create and maintain the infrastructure required for Klaviyo developers and customers to build and leverage product features - including data integrations, data storage, and events.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Lead Product Designer for our Data Infrastructure Pillar who will be responsible for managing a team of designers and be the go-to expert when it comes to the craft and logic of design. You are expected to utilize your full range of people management skills, product strategy, product design, interaction design, and visual design skills to help guide the team to build great products that address our user ever growing needs.
You know how to embrace complex problems, and turn elegant solutions into reality by understanding how to have impact on product roadmaps, while also motivating a team of direct reports towards success. You can bring out the best in your team by creating opportunities, eliminating roadblocks, and inspiring creativity. You are successful at building influence and partnerships across the organization - helping to drive key decisions that will shape the future of Klaviyo.
Klaviyo Design Elsewhere:
Design Blog 📗
Design Podcast 🎙️
How You'll Have an Impact:
- Build and manage a talented and diverse team of designers working on Klaviyo’s data infrastructure product area
- Get design projects on the roadmap, ship them, and drive measurable results
- Lead and coordinate multiple complex projects at the same time
- Organize and moderate design critiques as an in-house expert
- Drive process improvements, from creation to adoption
- Adapt the design process for cross-functional problem solving
- Contribute to building Klaviyo’s design culture
What You’ll Need
- 8+ years of professional design experience
- Experience with mentoring, coaching, or managing other designers
- A portfolio of complex projects supporting end-to-end product development cycle, from problem definition to product adoption
- The flexibility to be a great collaborator in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication & storytelling skills
Nice to Have:
- Past work building developer ecosystems or tools
- Experience working on some marketplace level interactions
- The capability to take a unique (or even unpopular) stand on an issue and facilitate a productive outcome
- Experience with hiring and building teams
Klaviyo Benefits and Perks
At Klaviyo, we are committed to supporting the health and wellbeing of you and your family. We are proud to offer a competitive and equitable benefits program:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance + wellness reimbursement + flexible spending account
- Up to 16 weeks fully paid parental leave and return-to-work program post parental leave
- Unlimited vacation time (we have a minimum you must take each year) + 13 paid holidays
- Free career coaching through Bravely
- 401(K) + matching
- One time $1000 work from home stipend for remote employees
- Annual $3,000 stipend for training and learning related expenses + free book policy
- Dedicated diversity and inclusion groups that sponsors monthly company-wide activities to educate and enrich our employees
- Free access to Headspace
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.