Product Design Manager at PathAI
Machine learning is eating the world. At PathAI, we're applying it in amazing ways to pathology, healthcare, and understanding cancer and other diseases. We're applying our work to drug development, the clinical space, and as a global health initiative. For us, it's early days—we have some unique and important design challenges to solve, and recognize that design and UX will be crucial to everything we're doing.
We're looking for an experienced Product Design Manager to join our team and help solve some of these challenges. If you're the right candidate, you'll have opportunities to use all your design skills:
- Build and manage a team of designers and researchers who will define the user experience with PathAI products and services
- Work directly with our engineering teams and product managers to solve interesting and unique interaction and workflow problems.
- Make our products beautiful and consistent by utilizing and expanding on our design system, since attractive things often work better too.
- Sweat the interaction details, using prototypes and Figma to ensure our interface is efficient and accurate, and clearly shows our data and insights.
- Dive into research mode, working with our customers and partners to inform decisions and test our work
- Articulate complex ideas, both verbally and in writing, to build a shared understanding and drive decisions
- Get a handle on constraints, some of which are medical, some regulatory, without sacrificing a great experience
- It's not always easy, but it's powerful, important, and rewarding work you'll be doing every day
Great designers come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- Experience. You've worked on at least one production product, and are ready to own the products you support as part of a highly communicative team.
- You've been around the block more than a couple times with five or more years of experience including two years managing other designers and researchers.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field like HCI, CS, graphic design, industrial design, or social sciences like sociology and psychology
- A portfolio of work demonstrating your skills on at least a couple of previous projects.
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space.
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. We have a strong benefits package, including heavily-subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance plans to keep you in peak design-thinking shape. They're rounded out by:
- Flexible work hours
- Three weeks of paid leave, two weeks of sick leave, plus holidays, and extended leave
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Your choice of computer equipment (as long as it’s Mac)
- Free lunch on Fridays
- Fun and healthy sustenance, currently including a wide array of healthy—and unhealthy—snacks, cold brew coffee, and green tea on tap.
- Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications—that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.