Product Design Manager
The Predictive Index (PI) is a technology company that gives business leaders access to the people science, data, and strategy they need to make objective hiring decisions, design great teams and culture, and reach their strategic business goals. PI has more than 7,000 customers, including Nissan, Citizens Bank, DocuSign, Subway, 47 Brand, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and Omni Hotels—across 142+ countries, and has undergone more than 500 validity studies.
Our team takes great pride in the power that PI has to positively impact and supercharge workplace relationships and culture - we are our own best case study. You’ll be part of a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, motivated people day in and day out. Our company motto is “better work, better world,” and we take that to heart most of all when it comes to our own people.
The Predictive Index is hiring a Product Design Manager who will take ownership in developing best-in-class user experiences and will drive innovation in a fast-paced environment. This hands-on role provides the opportunity to be a Product thought leader, deliver exceptional user experiences driven by customer data/insights and business goals, solve complex business problems through design thinking, lead and inspire a small team, and work directly with amazing clients. The job will be irresistible to someone who is passionate about designing and delivering high impact products to a large client base with millions of users in a B2C setting. The ideal candidate has a combination of or all the following skills: thirst for continuous learning, fearless in making decisions, is intellectually curious and intrigued by human behavior and organizational psychology, and is inspired by PI’s “better work, better world” mission. This individual would also be aiding in the expansion of Talent Optimization - the alignment of People strategy to Business strategy in the pursuit of optimal Business results.
The Predictive Index is a place where people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives collaborate on amazing, important work. We celebrate our differences, knowing that they are fundamental to our success as an organization. “Better Work, Better World,” starts here, in an organization where every member of the PI community is valued, respected, and welcome. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
- Own the vision of the customer experience using the practice of Talent Optimization to transform their organization through a purposefully built people strategy to improve their business results
- Own the experience “stem to stern” starting from when they are a sales prospect, all the way to active customer renewal with a focus on ease of use and value creation to promote a steady increase in overall software usage by our clients (improving adoption and retention).
- Lead and motivate a team of talented product designers and researchers by providing mentorship, coaching, regular feedback and thoughtful career pathing.
- Facilitate growing a team from “Good to Great” that is both hyper-agile and always focused on the goal of creating value for the customer.
- Provide UX leadership using your experience with analytics, research, design methodologies and product launches to introduce best practices, scalable processes and design systems
- Be the advocate for the client’s total experience of our product across all touch points and ensure each and every moment is delightful and impactful.
- Lead by example and collaborate with other designers, developers and product managers, to define priorities, plan projects and design approaches to enable the best experience outcome.
- Conduct user research, usability studies and A/B testing to clarify business challenges, identify user needs, motivations and behaviors and “jobs to be done” as well as opportunities for continued improved user engagement
Should you apply? If you’ve got all these skills, drop what you’re doing right now. If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear about them!
- Love creating experiences at the cross-section of business requirements and user goals using data, research and analytics to discover latent needs, pain points, and identify new product opportunities
- Completed studies in the field of Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Information Design, Interaction Design, Media Design, User Experience or similar programs
- 5+ years of work experience in a relevant field in a software company
- Expert on methodology, survey design, and analysis/reporting, including appropriate use of advanced user research techniques
- Experience working on projects focused on Customer Experience (CX) and omni-channel product
- Experience building/supporting B2C product(s) desirable, with mobile product development a plus
People most qualified for this role will be:
- Relationship driven – help to identify strategic relationships with potential customers.
- Cross-functional –at PI, we work as a team!
- Smart – learn our systems and our industry quickly.
- Energetic – we have a vibrant team, energy is required.
- Hard working – we are growing– you MUST be willing to roll up your sleeves.
- Fun – because we work hard, we like to play hard - we hope you do too!
Some of your future teammates:
We are open to having this member of the team occasionally work remotely from our brand new WeWork space located at 501 Boylston Street in Boston, MA.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.