Product Design Manager (Business)
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing features, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you’ll tackle meaningful projects that will help shape the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Looking to join a fast-growing company on a talented team that’s enabling small businesses by changing the future of restaurant experiences? If so, that’s Toast.
As a Product Design Manager, you’ll be passionate about solving complex business problems across the customer journey. You’re naturally a systems-level thinker and love to collaborate across departments in finding opportunities to improve the user experience. You’re right for this role if you love to roll up your sleeves and guide conceptualization through release — demonstrating your experience in lean UX and value delivery; if you love all aspects of design, and are deeply passionate about nurturing product ecosystems; if you’re humble and understand that there’s always more to learn; and if you can’t wait to coach our talented UX team.
What you will do:
- Lead and mentor a growing team of talented product designers, providing mentorship to broaden their skills and support their career growth, conducting performance reviews, critiquing design work, and recruiting top talent
- Actively participate, and occasionally lead, initial phases of strategic projects
- Improve workflow efficiency to ensure timely delivery of projects that are driven by user research and quantitative metrics
- Champion and drive high-quality user experiences across Toast’s ecosystem
- Proactively identify and contribute ideas as a catalyst for driving positive change
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 7+ years’ experience repeatedly delivering high quality products with experience in managing designers for high impact results
- BA/BS degree with an emphasis in HCI, Human Factors, Art, etc.
- Real passion for making high-quality, user-centered web and mobile products and a demonstrable portfolio to prove it
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design and mobile best practices
- Innovative thinking, empathy, and a desire to continuously learn and evolve