Principal Product Designer, Fulfillment at ezCater
When teammates describe you, here’s what they say...
- You thrive at solving a wide range of complex design challenges, across mobile and desktop, without skipping a beat.
- You care deeply about the needs of the people you’re designing for. You understand their pain points and can help others walk a mile in their shoes.
- You’re at your best when working as part of a cross-functional team in a fast paced environment, and you’re energized by the process of iterating, testing, measuring, and iterating again to find the best solutions.
- You're proactive and a self-starter. You find problems and you take initiative to solve them, without being asked.
- You’re a valued thought partner to Product and Engineering leaders. You influence the product agenda and drive the design vision and roadmap.
- You demonstrate an outcome-focused attitude that keeps your team feeling positive and energized, and brings fresh ideas and learnings into your work and your team’s work.
- You can lead a team through complex problem definition and propose conceptual, long term design solutions that meet business needs.
In a couple of months, here’s what else you’ll be able to do...
- Use data to make design decisions (while surrounded by stakeholders and colleagues who believe strongly in the value of user research and data-driven design).
- Contribute to moving business metrics. You are passionate about design systems and well-versed in data-informed product design and development.
- Communicate effectively with your team and maintain high levels of credibility with stakeholders about your process and the problem you’re solving. You don’t just make design decisions, but you can speak to them.
- Facilitate brainstorming and ideation sessions with your team and take the charge on concept generation and developing solutions.
- Mentor and coach other design team members and structure work effectively to create right-sized projects for them.
You’ll be able to hit the ground running if you…
- Have 5+ years of product design experience, solving thorny problems with thoughtful solutions. You're an expert at working on digital product teams in an agile environment. You're experienced at utilizing qualitative and quantitative data to inform your design decisions. You're confident when sharing your process with stakeholders across the business.
- Have a portfolio that demonstrates a knack for solving complicated problems by designing clean and cohesive experiences, and dependable attention to detail. You present your process and not just the end result.
- Are proficient in Sketch and Invision, or other design and prototyping tools. You’re interested in keeping up with the latest tools, and are willing to share your knowledge with the team.
- Have experience working with and contributing to a design system. You see the value in consistent, well-considered components and guidelines, and advocate for the benefits of a high-quality experience.
- Can speak to the problems you’ve solved and how your design solutions led to an impact on the business metrics or user behaviors you were trying to drive.
- Are able to show how you’ve evolved your solutions in response to qualitative end user feedback and/or quantitative metrics.
- Have a sharp mind, a soft heart and a large funny bone.