Mobile Product/UI Designer
Hopper is the smart way to book travel on your phone. Combining massive amounts of data and advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper predicts and analyzes airfare and accommodation to save users money and enable them to travel more often.
Since its launch in 2015, Hopper has become one of the fastest growing travel apps ever with over 30 million installs to date. It is now the most downloaded flights booking app in North America and travelers have booked hundreds of millions of dollars in flights and hotels around the world using Hopper.
The app has received accolades such as Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company in Travel 2018, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016, and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Your role as a Product Designer will be to design features for Hopper’s mobile apps that are useful & delightful. You'll become an early and foundational member of a young, but high-impact, User Experience team whose shared goal is to build elegant, user-centric product solutions. You’ll passionately act as the voice of the user. You’ll relentlessly pursue ways to make travelers’ lives easier. Whether you're designing a new way for travelers to shop for flights or creating an engaging onboarding flow, you'll work closely with other Designers, Engineers, and Product Managers to find the boundaries of design problems, seeing them from multiple perspectives and advocating for simple and impactful solutions.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Design and prototype simple and elegant experiences
- Own all stages of the design process from concept through launch
- Solve product problems with a focus on the best user experience while balancing company goals, design cohesion, and ease of implementation
- Seek out, understand and incorporate qualitative and quantitative feedback throughout the design process
- Test multivariate solutions to iterate to the right design as evidenced by data
- Work autonomously in a cross-functional, agile product group with Product Managers, Engineers, and Data Analysts to prioritize and build new features
- Regularly give and receive feedback with other Designers to ensure quality, consistency, and collaboration
- Have a deep understanding of user needs and business objectives in your agile group’s product area
- Prioritize appropriately: Use good judgement to make appropriate tradeoffs to speed up product learning and balance competing priorities
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- Strong portfolio showcasing your past work and process
- You have at least 2-4 years of experience designing modern consumer-focused products
- Experience shipping mobile product in an agile environment on cross-platform (iOS & Android)
- Demonstrated experience in both visual and interactive design
- An up-to-date understanding of mobile best practices and trends
- Passion for being involved in the big picture, while fearlessly diving into the details
- No ego when it comes to product or design
- Comfort with a fast-paced, agile development process
- Incredible product judgement
- The ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle ambiguity
- Have a great sense for aesthetics that could both work with or extend Hopper’s style
- Experience working at scale with Design Systems
Sound like a fit? We can’t wait to hear from you.
- Well-funded and proven startup with larger ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
- Access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, all on us
- In Cambridge, work in a historic factory building near Kendall Square; in Montreal, work in an artist’s loft in the Mile End
- Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or paid parking
- IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
- Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and healthy snacks
- Team lunches, off-site activities and much more!