Manager of Experience Design at Peapod Digital Labs
Browse the Aisles
This role will be a key leader on our product team and a peer to the Product Manager. He or she will influence product strategy, organize our UX standards, mentor our design team, and lead product prototyping and UX design work. He or she will work with the Director of Experience Strategy & Design to drive and lead our user experience, research and design practice. We prefer a “hands-on” approach that involves creatively guiding the design work while leading and coaching the team.
The Manager of Experience Design will require an effective partnership with the product and development team. They will collaborate with engineers, product owners, brand clients and other executives throughout the product development lifecycle. The position requires a customer focus, a data-driven approach, and awareness of current practices for mobile and browser UX design. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity, passionate about design, and able to act well with minimal direction.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success- What’s “in store” for the role
- Ensure user focus throughout the product design process
- Ensure design solutions are user-centric and business goals are met
- Set the UX design direction for our portfolio of products
- Define design strategy, UX architecture, style guides, and usability patterns to drive efficiency and consistency into our user experience across all the internal brand clients
- Organize and delegate requests for design support to the design team
- Manage and mentor a team of 8+ designers
- Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable user interfaces in a team environment
- Champion ongoing improvements by considering market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings
- Drive conceptual diagrams, wireframes, UI mockups, and prototypes
- Work with product owners to develop and evangelize new product ideas
- Coordinate design efforts with our U.S. brands
The Essentials in Your Cart - The required ingredients
- At least 7-9 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
- At least 2-3 years of experience as the manager of a design team
- Experience with user testing techniques
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates systematic and creative design thinking as well as a deep understanding of UX/UI best practices is a requirement for application
- Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
- Familiarity with the technical considerations needed when designing for browsers
- Experience with design for mobile browsers, apps, touch-screen interfaces, and multiple screen sizes
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Invision and Keynote
- Success in creating innovative and user-friendly responsive websites and customer-facing features
- Experience with agile/scrum
- Experience with online commerce, shopping, and checkout
- Experience applying Accessibility best practices (WCAG)
- Excellent communication, presentation and persuasion skills; demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold strategic vision
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
You must be authorized to work in the United States to be eligible for consideration for employment. Peapod is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.