Learning Experience Designer, Product Training
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus is seeking a world-class Instructional Designer who can help create learning opportunities that will help employees understand our products and their value. In particular, this role will make a key contribution to the Sales Enablement organization, developing tools and learning strategies that will support sellers in achieving breakthrough business results.
You will work closely with subject matter experts to get the latest information about upcoming product releases and pricing changes to our sales and customer success teams, as well as other relevant stakeholders across the business. You will be responsible for creating materials such as interactive e-learning, ILT materials, videos, and social learning opportunities. Additional opportunities for this role include supporting our company-wide Guru2Guru University, supporting internal subject matter experts in translating their expertise into learning programs.
The successful individual in this role is detail-oriented, energetic, and flexible, and can work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and shifting priorities.
What You'll Do:
- Design and develop creative, performance-based training programs and materials in multiple modalities that may include: synchronous/asynchronous remote trainings, ILT, blended learning, interactive e-learning modules, micro videos, device learning, job aids, certifications, and facilitator guides.
- Meet with subject matter experts, product managers, and appropriate functional/ senior leaders to determine training requirements and audience and to align on expected post-training outcomes
- Partner closely with Customer Marketing department to ensure consistency of terminology throughout the design and deployment of training materials.
- Judiciously decide the time and effort that should be spent on each training solution as well as the training format because the impact/complexity of the training topic and scope may vary; prepare to iterate on scalable training methodologies for alpha and beta tests
- Conduct Train the Trainer sessions for facilitators who will ultimately deliver ILT content to learners.
- Structure a safe but pressure tested environment for sales org to practice using new knowledge prior to using on a live call / meeting Structure a safe but pressure tested environment for sales org to practice using new knowledge prior to using on a live call / meeting
- Partner with the Learning & Development team to proactively follow post-training evaluation processes and maintain professional relationships with business leaders and partners ensure accurate and timely understanding of program successes and challenges.
- Effectively manage multiple projects and initiatives from scope to evaluation
- Establish and conduct curriculum review and modification process to support the continual improvement of product offerings.
Who You Are:
- BA/BS degree with emphasis on instructional design or instructional technology or education related discipline
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in instructional design, instructional technology and development/tech communications
- Expert skills in Articulate 360 suite, Camtasia, etc.
- Video production as it relates to learning and professional development
- Ability to work with short deadlines and high stress on multiple projects
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to impart technical knowledge to a wide variety of audiences
- Proven understanding of instructional design and learning theory
- Understands the balance between learning theory and practical knowledge
- Must have the ability to work as part of a larger team, balance multiple tasks/objectives and ability to handle frequently changing demands
- High comfort level with technology and ability to quickly learn and utilize new software applications
- Ability to effectively organize work, prioritize and manage time in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Solutions in corporate training environments
- Strong individual leadership skills, demonstrated through work ethic and professionalism, proactively taking initiative and offering solutions to challenges whenever possible.
- Extreme attention to detail and willingness to roll up your sleeves.
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.