Root Robotics is creating robots, apps, and curricula that will be this generation's way to fall in love with coding. We are the makers of Root, a wall driving, music playing, artwork drawing robot with a unique coding interface that goes from a graphical environment up to career-based languages.
Root Robotics is seeking a Learning Designer to join our growing educational robots team. The ideal candidate will have experience developing and facilitating lessons and activities in either formal or informal education settings. The Learning Designer will be assisting in the creation of cross-curricular, standard-aligned education materials for multiple grade levels, as well as collaborating with educators across the country to prototype lessons and curate our content library. Additionally, they will be assisting in the facilitation of activities at STEM events and industry conferences.
We are looking for someone excited to utilize their communication skills daily to create beautiful learning experiences and polished instructional materials for both students and educators. Ideally this candidate is looking to make their mark in the education world with clear, hands-on, creative coding and tech integration opportunities designed for all types of learners.
- Create deployable classroom materials to accompany Root educational activities.
- Curate Root’s online content library for educator and student communities.
- Align new and existing learning content to Common Core and NGSS Standards.
- Assist in developing Root educational activities through ideation, prototyping, copywriting, photo, video and graphics targeted for learners ages 4-18 years old.
- Communicate and collaborate with our Root pilot program educators.
- Assist in facilitation, data collection and analysis from user-testing.
- Prepare educational content and training materials for Professional Development seminars, STEM events, and industry conferences
- Travel to Professional Development seminars, STEM events, and industry conferences to provide product demonstrations and assist in activity facilitation.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 2 years experience teaching in a formal or informal education setting
- Familiarity with both Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards
- Experience developing written and visual (photo, video, worksheet, etc.) instruction materials
- Clear and articulate facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- BA/BS in Education, Instructional Design, Educational Technology or a related field.
- Bonus Points for Basic coding experience, Familiarity with CSTA and ISTE tech standards, Experience using educational robots, Experience using Adobe inDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop