- Collaborate with artists, engineers, producers and team management in an iterative, agile development process
- Drive gameplay, systems, and content design for a mobile free-to-play title through all development phases, from concept to live operations
- Once live, design responses to performance indicators and customer feedback
- Help to drive the project schedule, including the roadmap and backlog
- Task and review design team's output
- Provide both high-level game design direction and hands-on design implementation
- Demonstrate proven design practices and mentor junior designers
- Evangelize your title internally and externally.
- 3+ years of professional video game industry experience as a lead/senior designer
- 2+ complete product cycles from concept to ship
- 1+ mobile free-to-play title in a senior design role
- Strong knowledge of basic game design and design theory
- Reliable scheduling/time management skills
- Ability to learn new tools and workflows with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Passion for mobile free-to-play games!
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Preference to applicants with
- Strong UX design capability
- Experience running prototyping teams
- Expertise in Puzzle RPG and/or Card Battle games
- Game programming or scripting experience
- Strong math skills
Creating games is our passion. Founded in 2002 and acquired in 2015 by SEGA Networks, we bring years of expertise to our projects. Our developers build fun, accessible mobile games like our recent hit, Marvel Puzzle Quest. Based in Cambridge, MA, Demiurge has contributed to titles such as Bioshock, Rock Band, and Mass Effect.