Lead UX Motion Designer, Design Systems - US Remote at Vista
Vista is in the midst of an ambitious transformation to become the expert design and marketing partner for small businesses. Vista's Experience Design team creates customer experiences that deliver on this promise. We imagine the future, make the possibilities real, instill confidence and pride, and inspire small businesses to bring their unique visions to life.
Our design systems team is seeking a Lead Motion/UX designer to design and develop a scalable motion design system for SWAN - Vista's global design system.
What You Will Do:
- Design, build and document a user-centric, multi-product and cross-platform motion design system that serves our mobile and web products and our brand and marketing materials
- Help build and Evolve Vista's UI kit and component library
- Design new, innovative experiences across sites and platforms within the Vista product experience
- Partner with engineering teams to deliver motion design guidelines, foundations, documentation, motion component libraries and motion frameworks
- Collaborate with product leads, designers and engineers to ensure motion design enhances user experience
- Train and empower designers to think about how UI animation can convey emotion and guide actions
- Serve as an implementation intermediary between design and cross-platform engineering (iOS, Android, web)
At Vista, we value the experiences that individual team members add to our culture. Please don't hesitate to apply even if you don't meet the exact qualifications, we look forward to learning more about you!
- 3-5 years professional experience as a motion designer
- 2+ years contributing to a large-scale design systems team
- Demonstrated ability to help a team navigate ambiguity, set vision and strategy for motion design systems
- Proficiency with other design tools including Adobe CC (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and Figma
- Excellent visual and typographic sensibility
- Able to develop strong and effective working relationships with designers, developers and adjacent teams
- Experience successfully designing and building durable motion systems at scale within a large product organization
Nice to Have:
- Automation and programmatic animation
- Software development tools (GitHub, Jira, and Asana)
- HTML, CSS, and JS standards
What We Value:
• Cross-functional collaboration
• Delivering unparalleled value and benefit to our customers while delivering on business goals
• Thinking about to entire customer journey - across every touch point
• Being curious and thinking broadly about the possibilities before narrowing on a solution
• Being data-inspired and running smart experiments
• Being creatively bold
Why You'll Love Working Here:
Being at Vista means that you don't see work as just a building, a desk or a manufacturing floor. You see it as a chance to take a step forward in your career journey - and your life. We strive to give you everything you need to learn, grow, and succeed. Through innovation, collaboration, and perpetual exposure to what's next, we're always pushing boundaries and broadening our horizons. We embrace the chance to operate outside of our comfort zone to discover what we're capable of. Some might call that a challenge; we just call it another great day at work.
Vista has received numerous recognitions including a perfect score of 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) naming us a Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality. We also earned a place as one of the best remote-first workplaces in the U.S. and on the Boston Best Places to Work list from Built In. In addition, Vista's CEO, Robert Keane, was recently honored with Comparably's Best CEOs award, listing him among the top CEOs according to employees.
In 2021, Vista adopted a Remote-First operating model and culture. We heard from our team members that having the freedom, autonomy and trust in each other to work from home and, the ability to operate when they are most productive, empowers everyone to be their best and most brilliant self. Vista also provides collaboration spaces for team members to work physically together when it's safe to do so or believe in office working will deliver the best results. Currently we are enabled to hire remote team members in over 20 US States as well as several countries in Europe: Spain, Germany, UK, Czech Republic, the Netherlands and Switzerland.
As an e-commerce powerhouse, Vista is the design and marketing partner to millions of small businesses around the world. For over 20 years we've been inspired by small businesses and we work incessantly to deliver solutions to their evolving needs. VistaCreate, 99designs by Vista and VistaPrint, all under the parent brand Vista, represent a full-service design, digital and print solution, elevating small businesses' presence in physical and digital spaces and powering them to achieve success. Vista is focused on making great marketing and design accessible to every small business owner, allowing them to create a cohesive brand image for use in-store, online and on-the-go.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Vista, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases, we strive to do more than the law requires.
Nearest Major Market: Waltham
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Engineer, Developer, Graphic Design, Web Design, Animation, Engineering, Technology, Creative