Lead UX Content Designer - US Remote at Vista
Vista is undergoing an ambitious transformation to become the expert design and marketing partner for small businesses. Vista's UX + Design team shapes customer experiences that deliver on this promise. We imagine the future, make the possibilities real, instil confidence and inspire small businesses to bring their unique visions to life.
Content Designers at Vista design with words, concepts, systems, terminology and define the tone used during different interactions with the brand. We support multiple portfolios including, discovery and shopping, commerce, design technology, design services and the core site. Providing design help and expertise to the 1.4 billion small businesses globally is at the heart of our company mission, and a near term strategic area of focus across Vista.
Clear and usable content is critical to this mission.
What we value:
- Effective collaboration with people across different teams and time zones
- Delivery of unparalleled value and benefit to our customers while delivering on business goals
- Consideration for the entire customer journey across every touch point
- Curiosity and broad thinking around possibilities before narrowing on a solution.
- Bold creativity
What you'll do:
Content designers play an integral role in our UX + Design Team. You'll partner with product designers, researchers, program managers and product owners. The position is remote, but Vista has many collaboration spaces across the globe.
In this role you'll:
- Observe the current user experience to understand where customers need assistance.
- Take a hands-on approach at every stage of the design process - from discovery through detailed design, execution and iteration - to bring ideas to life through user flows, wireframes and prototypes.
- Advocate for using high-frequency, plain language to build conversational experiences and intuitive interfaces.
- Understand and define how Vista's tone changes across different interactions.
- Identify opportunities to improve language consistency across end-to-end experiences.
- Partner with data, consumer insights, and UX research partners for foundational guidance on product direction and new concept testing.
- Contribute constructively to design reviews and content scripts.
- Define language concepts across various contexts, including our design system components and patterns.
- Demonstrate passion for the craft of writing and build interest and enthusiasm for clear, polished language and messaging across our platforms.
At Vista, we value the experiences that individual team members add to our culture. So, please apply even if you don't meet everything listed below.
We look forward to learning more about you.
- Experience in content design, content strategy, or a related field (agency and/or in-house) for a tech/retail/consumer brand
- Proven ability in developing large-scale, high-quality, content experiences
- Expert knowledge of English grammar and a strong opinion on when to break the rulebook
- Solid understanding of content testing methods and how to structure research questions
- Background in producing data-informed, measurable content that considers customer insights and testing results
- Aptitude for building strong relationships with design, creative, technical and business partners
- Excellent spoken and written English
- A portfolio demonstrating how you think around design problems
Nice to have:
- An understanding of other languages and the typical challenges of localizing content from English
- A passion for learning about and advocating for inclusive language
- A passion for learning how to improve web accessibility
- Familiarity working in Figma
Why you'll love working here:
Being at Vista means that you don't see work as just a building, a desk or a manufacturing floor. You see it as a chance to take a step forward in your career journey - and your life. We strive to give you everything you need to learn, grow and succeed. Through innovation, collaboration, and perpetual exposure to what's next, we're always pushing boundaries and broadening our horizons. We embrace the chance to operate outside our comfort zone to discover what we're capable of. Some might call that a challenge; we just call it another great day at work.
Vista has received numerous recognitions including a perfect score of 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) naming us a Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality. We also earned a place as one of the best remote-first workplaces in the US and on the Boston Best Places to Work list from Built In. In addition, Vista's CEO, Robert Keane, was recently honored with Comparably's Best CEOs award, listing him among the top CEOs according to employees.
In 2020, Vista adopted a Remote-First operating model and culture. We heard from our team members that having the freedom, autonomy and trust in each other to work from home and the ability to operate when they're most productive, empowers everyone to be their best and most brilliant self. Vista also provides collaboration spaces for team members to work physically together when it's safe to do so or believe office work will deliver the best results. Currently, we're able to hire remote team members in over 20 US States as well as several countries in Europe: Spain, Germany, UK, Czech Republic, the Netherlands and Switzerland.
As an e-commerce powerhouse, Vista creates customer value (and delight) through accessible, cutting-edge technology. We are the marketing partner to millions of small businesses around the world. For more than 20 years, we've helped small businesses look and feel credible through high-quality marketing products and solutions that include signage, logo apparel, promotional products, face masks, flyers, postcards, business cards, websites and digital marketing. With Vista, small businesses can create and customize their marketing with easy-to-use digital tools and design-templates, or by receiving expert graphic design support. In 2020, Vista acquired 99designs to expand its design offering via a worldwide community of more than 150,000 talented designers to make it easy for designers and clients to work together to create designs they love. Vista is focused on making great marketing and design accessible to every small business owner, allowing them to create a cohesive brand image for use in-store, online and on-the-go.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Vista, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list isn't exhaustive and we strive to do more than the law requires.
Nearest Major Market: Waltham
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Merchandising, User Experience, Work from Home, Graphic Design, Retail, Research, Technology, Contract, Creative