Lead Product Designer at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Who We Are
The New Ventures Program is an innovation engine focused on the creation of new capabilities and new businesses at Toast. Our teams operate much like a seed-stage startup within Toast. And, like a startup, we expect to move fast and learn along the way.
The New Ventures Marketplace team’s mission is to develop a world-class restaurant marketplace for consumers to easily discover exceptional restaurants / meals and provide restaurants with a more effective customer acquisition channel that helps them thrive.
Are you bready* for a change?
We are looking for a talented Lead Product Designer to lead the consumer mobile development efforts at New Ventures. As a member of the consumer team, you will work closely with the leads to understand what diners want, empathize with their pain points, rapidly prototype solutions, and make critical decisions and recommendations that will lay the foundation for the future of our products.
About this roll* (responsibilities)
- Design intuitive experiences across responsive mobile platforms, delivering easy-to-follow wireframes, workflows, and prototypes
- Collaborate with the team to understand consumers, translating understanding into design artifacts that shape thinking and guide development
- Regularly conduct design reviews to obtain feedback, iterating on the designs to improve results
- Plan and execute user research studies that generate insights to positively impact product design
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Essential skills)
- Care deeply about making users happy and love seeing people use your product in the wild.
- Degree or Training Equivalent to a BS/BA in product and/or visual design
- Fluency in one or more design tools (e.g., Sketch, InVision, Figma, Adobe CC)
- Experience with designing for multiple mobile platforms: for responsive web as well as native mobile apps
- Expertise in experience and journey mapping, identifying and capitalizing on friction when appropriate and moments of delight across the journey
- Experience in strategizing and executing your own UX research
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to learn new things and tackle a range of challenges as they arise
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills with an ability to build strong relationships both within and outside of the product organization
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged, but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.